Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rook

Player Valuation: £80m
Howard - 8 Saved the match for us in the dying minutes. We are lucky to have him given the sorry state of goal keeping in the prem.

Baines 5.5 Decent penalty take but think a good keeper could have stopped it. Didn't notice him doing much else though.

Distin 7?? - not sure how to rate his performance. He made a great tackle in the 2nd half but in all honesty Wigan's attack was so infrequent that he could have been replaced by a cardboard cutout. Seems like he'll be a steadier presence than Lescott in the back but it also seems like he won't be the goal scoring threat that Lescott is either.

Yobo 8 - He had a very good game. Almost every time Wigan crossed the center line he stopped their attack.

Neville 6.5 - Though passing was poor but his tackling was excellent

Rodwell 7 - would be an 8-9 if his shots were a bit more accurate. He bossed the middle though.

Osman 2 - gets a 2 b/c at least he tries hard.

Peanut 7 - created, wish his crosses were more accurate though.

Cahill 5 - should have scored, was more effective than in previous matches though. Teams seem to be able to key on him more on free kicks now that Lescott is gone though.

Saha 7 - please please don't get injured.

Fellani 7 - changed the match. When Cahill and Fellani play I'm convinced it must be in 4-4-2 with Cahill the striker. In a 4-5-1 a CB just covers Fellani and he's ineffective. With him sitting behind 2 strikers though he causes all kind of havoc in the defense. Holding mids just dont have the size to contain him.

Billy - incomplete.

Last edited:
Did he play that bad - that he didn't deserve a single point :)

Oops Hibbo was very good maybe a 6-7. He's attacking, putting in very good crosses and will without a doubt get a goal or 2 this year. If only we could get him on a roid program and make him a step or two faster so he could recover faster.

I didn't see much, because the stream I was using was [Poor language removed] but I think you were harsh on Cahill. Probably his best game so far this season.

I didn't see much, because the stream I was using was [Poor language removed] but I think you were harsh on Cahill. Probably his best game so far this season.

It was and Timmy still isn't firing yet.
When he does, we will be winning regularly and there are 3 others first teamers to come back.

On another level, I thought it was also the most effective game that we have had with Phil and Rodders in the middle.
Yesterday wasn't special, but last season those two together were not very exciting to watch!

Hibbo was [Poor language removed] again. His positional play is school boy stuff..!! He has to be replaced.

Grrrrrrrrrr :mad:lol
Hibbo was world class yesterday.

Howard - ok . Good save
Hibbert - Awesome . MOTM Easily. Crosses world class
Yobo - Decent - Didn't do much wrong at all.
Distin - Decent - Good debut
Baines - Disappointing - Defensive work ok, but forward work poor.
Neville - Wasteful - Wasted too many balls and gave too many free kicks outside the box again.
Rodwell - Very good. Seemed to have lots of time, but shooting off and hesitated around the box.
Osman - Disappointing. Totally wrong position for him, and poor marking for goal.
Pienaar - Slightly isappointing. Not what we've come to expect, but better than others.
Cahill - Disappointing. Wasted scoring opportunities and gave too many free kicks away.
Saha - Very good - The guy is an animal.

Fellaini - Very good - Should have been on from start against a tall team.
Jo - Average - Looked for Pen and won one, but not much else.

Moyes - Disappointing - Could have played Gosling, but insists on sticking with Osman. Left Fellaini out against a team of giants ( and cost me 30 points in the process :mad:).
Should have taken Cahill off, not Saha, as Saha was our main threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.