Player of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely baffling that people think Coleman has been our best player this season. He’s been absolutely awful at times, same with Gylfi and I’m a fan of the Iceman.

I know it’s all about opinions like but come on.

It's got to be a Defender. We haven't done too much going forward.
Digne usually puts in a hard shift but Godfrey has been a revelation so I'm going for him.

Godfrey... by a mile
100% Ben Godfrey, just watching the 2018 play off final Shrewsbury v Rotherham on sky sports. Ben Godfrey playing in midfield for Rotherham, playing brilliantly and as a genuine box to box midfielder. It made me wonder if there is anywhere this kid couldnt play! young Dean Henderson in goal too, showing what a great keeper he is going to be!

100% Ben Godfrey, just watching the 2018 play off final Shrewsbury v Rotherham on sky sports. Ben Godfrey playing in midfield for Rotherham, playing brilliantly and as a genuine box to box midfielder. It made me wonder if there is anywhere this kid couldnt play! young Dean Henderson in goal too, showing what a great keeper he is going to be!
He was playing for Shrewsbury sorry, not Rotherham

Without him our midfield looks limp yes. There’s a decent argument that it looks limp with him too but we’ll park that for now. I just don’t think he’s actually played that well to be honest. He’s been fine but generally unremarkable for me, I don’t really see his ability to run as being worthy of a player of the year shout. It’s all opinion like, I’m not calling people out for it, I was just surprised. Personally I’d have Godfrey, DCL, James, and Keane and sigurdsson all well above him. And anyone who’s familiar with my posts will know some of those players are a long way from being favourites of mine.
The longer Doucoure is out, the more he becomes this Essien-level player in people's minds.

They'll all turn on him next season.

Godfrey I’d say, or Delph(them socks put Leno off) lol

defo Godfrey closely followed by James and DCL, if DCL gets to 20 goals then it’s him

HAs the wife hid the remote?

Man for man we have been dire this season, yet we find ourselves within touching distance of 4th place.

Such a strange season.

I honestly think Godfrey has had the most amount of consistent games than anyone else. 2 of the first three he was suspect, but since then, very good.

Our main players have disappeared for huge parts of this season and only get away with it due to reputation

Man for man we have been dire this season, yet we find ourselves within touching distance of 4th place.

Such a strange season.

I honestly think Godfrey has had the most amount of consistent games than anyone else. 2 of the first three he was suspect, but since then, very good.

Our main players have disappeared for huge parts of this season and only get away with it due to reputation
It's definitely been a weird season. I don't quite know what to make of it at the moment to be honest, I suppose it all just hinges on where we finish. It feels a bit like player of the year could go to anybody or nobody. I don't think anyone's had a truly brilliant season, but then very few players have had a poor one either. The level of performance has been fairly consistent across the board, it's just been consistently a bit 'meh'.

It's definitely been a weird season. I don't quite know what to make of it at the moment to be honest, I suppose it all just hinges on where we finish. It feels a bit like player of the year could go to anybody or nobody. I don't think anyone's had a truly brilliant season, but then very few players have had a poor one either. The level of performance has been fairly consistent across the board, it's just been consistently a bit 'meh'.
Yep, "meh" sums it up perfectly.

DCL Alan and Dacoure all had purple patches but none of the regulars really did a thing of note.

How on earth we are close to 4th I will never. Imagine what could have been...

Status
Not open for further replies.