Play Jelavic v QPR?

Should Jelavic play against QPR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sona

Player Valuation: £8m
As the thread title suggests, do we play Jelavic against QPR?

Reasons For

+ It gives Lukaku a much needed rest.
+ He's due a goal. (Surely?!)
+ If he scores a brace, it might just add a bit to his valuation.

Reasons Against

+ He's horrendous and hasn't scored in yonks.
+ He'd then be cup-tied for teams looking to buy him.
+ He might get injured and we're lumbered with him until the summer.

I suppose there is also the option of Vellios, Mirallas or even one of the younger lads to be given the nod up top too.

I'd play both Lukaku and Jelavic. Give Barkley a rest and bring him on if it all goes tits. I'm sure the pair of them would smash QPR. Also, it would be interesting to see if Jelavic could discover a morsel of form with another frontman up there with him.

If these two enquiries have come from clubs in the Prem/Championship then I wouldn't want to cup tie him. However if we're confident of shifting him abroad then give Lukaku a rest.

Wouldn't mind seeing Super Kev up front either, mind.

I think we should play him against QPR, watch him score 5 and then have him back for a title winning run-in.

I'd actually give Vellios a run too.. since he wont go on loan & doesnt play reserves, then surely he'll really want to impress in first xi

If he doesnt get a go here then what is he doing really? Play him or sell him.. stealing a living otherwise

Get Vellios on for a run out, I couldn't do with seeing Jelavic laying down on the pitch for 90 mins.... although I would like to see his "air" overheads he does, they are superb.

Play Mirallas as the lone striker.

This actually came to me in a dream last night... Not that it's particularly revolutionary or anything. I concur, rest Romelu and don't risk Jelavic. Perhaps rest Ross as well for Ossie, then start Ross vs Norwich.

I agree with the others, If we are happy to let Jelavic go no point cup tying him.
I'd like to see Vellios given a little run, something like the following

---------Robles----------
Coleman--Alcaraz-Stones-Baines
------McCarthy--Barry--------
--Pienaar----------Oviedo
---------Mirallas---------------
----------Vellios---------------

Subs, Howard, Lukaku, Barkley, Osman, Hibbo, Heitinga, Naismith

Maybe even drop Pienaar, push Coleman to RM and give Hibbert a game

Status
Not open for further replies.