Pl Games on Amazon prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
The 19-20 season sees Amazon prime broadcasting PL games for the first time, in my opinion this will be the future and every team will have all their games live online on paid subscription, that's when the current streams (that I've only ever heard about!!!) will end and it will be all pay for view.

Barely any. Like 20 games a season isnt it? (Which includes all 10 boxing day).

Would love to see a proper football streaming platform for most games. But wont happen as would kill stadium attendances, plus I doubt Sky will ever lose the main rights.

Closest thing in the last few years to something like that was PremierLeaguePass which was only for New Zealand and Taiwan (i think) audiences. Annual subscription.. all games live... all games on demand for 24 hours after kick off. The stuff of dreams especially when if Saturdays. Could access via a VPN / SmartDNS setup. Only lasted a year before that got canned.

If Netflix or Amazon managed to pull off something like that people would pay alot of money for an annual subscription. But sadly it wont happen at least definitely not in the next few years.

I can watch every NFL game I want whenever I want for a reasonable annual fee.

If I can’t make the Everton game and it’s on at 3 I cannot legally watch it yet people in Qatar, Russia, Canada etc. can. The sooner this stops the better.

Would love to see a proper football streaming platform for most games. But wont happen as would kill stadium attendances, plus I doubt Sky will ever lose the main rights.

Closest thing in the last few years to something like that was PremierLeaguePass which was only for New Zealand and Taiwan (i think) audiences. Annual subscription.. all games live... all games on demand for 24 hours after kick off. The stuff of dreams especially when if Saturdays. Could access via a VPN / SmartDNS setup. Only lasted a year before that got canned.

If Netflix or Amazon managed to pull off something like that people would pay alot of money for an annual subscription. But sadly it wont happen at least definitely not in the next few years.

Would it really affect attendances? You can already watch every game on a stream now anyway.

Would it really affect attendances? You can already watch every game on a stream now anyway.

Suppose its up for debate mate. I reckon there would be at least a slight decline, some clubs more than others i guess.

And yes obviously there's IPTV setups etc which arent really legal, i know if there was an official streaming route with 100% reliability and added features like on demand playback etc id much rather pay a premium for a service like that. As would most.

The theory goes that it's not premier league attendances that would suffer as even for televised games at all hours of the weekend most grounds sold out due to demand, but lower down the pyramid.

No idea if the evidence stacks up but the concern is league 1, 2 etc games at 1500 on Saturday at risk if you can stay at home and watch any PL game you want in this slot.

NBC does this in America and although it still has issues it works pretty well now

You really are in the dark ages with TV over there. I can tell you at least in the states, that is the norm for any sport, subscriptions with all games live, and all games on demand not too long after its over. But then again, I was blown away when I found out places actually required you to have a television license, which is unheard of here.

I mean, all of this has been really really easy to do technology wise for 5+ years, its just purely up to governments holding it back, and a populace not demanding it.

There have been rumblings about showing all PL games live since it’s introduction. .

Part of the strength of the PL is the way it shares the bulk of the TV money if it reverted to pay to view with all games being available that would be the end of the PL as we know it and it’s highly likely that almost immediately most clubs would not be able to compete against the top 6 as they are currently known facilitating either a break away or the emergence of a European league.The competitive nature of the league is its unpredictability and that is the major attraction.

The idea about not showing games live at 3.00pm on a Saturday is all about protecting lower league football and that isn’t just about the lower levels of the FL pyramid it’s also about non league clubs who unlike the majority of fully time professional outfits do not benefit by a penny piece from TV money. There is clear evidence that mid week games played at non league level are majorly impacted when at the same time there is football aired on TV.

I can’t find it at the moment but some time ago I read an article that suggested that for the majority of games broadcast live in the UK that didn’t feature one of the top 6 the interest was often way below the numbers required to break even .

Worldwide subscribers buy the whole package but again the suggestion is that many of the games attract limited interest and although their fan base is growing Spurs viewing numbers world wide lag behind behind the other 5.The others have pockets of interest but again many games are of little interest to a global audience.

They say be careful what you wish for.

On one hand pay for view might mean that in the short term more games will be able to view but there is no doubt in my mind that TV revenues will drop for at least 14 of the PL teams and sorry that in all likelihood would mean Everton.

Finally we all know that there are ways of by passing the broadcasters payment regime and gain access to an illegal stream but be under no illusions that is theft and yes I have heard all the arguments about if it cost less etc etc but for me the reality is a reduction in the sum they charge would ultimately mean less money for the clubs. Bit a catch 22 really.

The theory goes that it's not premier league attendances that would suffer as even for televised games at all hours of the weekend most grounds sold out due to demand, but lower down the pyramid.

No idea if the evidence stacks up but the concern is league 1, 2 etc games at 1500 on Saturday at risk if you can stay at home and watch any PL game you want in this slot.

I can believe this. I never go and see the club that it based 100 meters from my house cos I either got go to watch everton or stream it. I am friends with some of the board of this club and they get arsey about it.

There have been rumblings about showing all PL games live since it’s introduction. .

Part of the strength of the PL is the way it shares the bulk of the TV money if it reverted to pay to view with all games being available that would be the end of the PL as we know it and it’s highly likely that almost immediately most clubs would not be able to compete against the top 6 as they are currently known facilitating either a break away or the emergence of a European league.The competitive nature of the league is its unpredictability and that is the major attraction.

The idea about not showing games live at 3.00pm on a Saturday is all about protecting lower league football and that isn’t just about the lower levels of the FL pyramid it’s also about non league clubs who unlike the majority of fully time professional outfits do not benefit by a penny piece from TV money. There is clear evidence that mid week games played at non league level are majorly impacted when at the same time there is football aired on TV.

I can’t find it at the moment but some time ago I read an article that suggested that for the majority of games broadcast live in the UK that didn’t feature one of the top 6 the interest was often way below the numbers required to break even .

Worldwide subscribers buy the whole package but again the suggestion is that many of the games attract limited interest and although their fan base is growing Spurs viewing numbers world wide lag behind behind the other 5.The others have pockets of interest but again many games are of little interest to a global audience.

They say be careful what you wish for.

On one hand pay for view might mean that in the short term more games will be able to view but there is no doubt in my mind that TV revenues will drop for at least 14 of the PL teams and sorry that in all likelihood would mean Everton.

Finally we all know that there are ways of by passing the broadcasters payment regime and gain access to an illegal stream but be under no illusions that is theft and yes I have heard all the arguments about if it cost less etc etc but for me the reality is a reduction in the sum they charge would ultimately mean less money for the clubs. Bit a catch 22 really.
Euro super league will never happen, it only rears its head when the financial deals for the champions league are due for negotiations. It's always and only Bayern Munich who bring it up.

Check DAZN mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.