Pinching other clubs songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be fair, and I hate saying it, it's a really good footy anthem for a club. The fact that that lot use it to define everything they say and do and then when push comes to shove and a player asks to leave they can't get on TV burning his shirt fast enough just shows what complete thumbheads they are, but as a footy song it's pretty good.

To be fair, and I hate saying it, it's a really good footy anthem for a club.

I think YNWA and IAGOT accurately reflect the character of the two clubs in a way. YNWA is emotional and anthemic, I'll give it that. It's iconic and cinematic but it also feels overwrought, like an awful power ballad or an X-Factor montage. It's vibe is to try to wring every last bit of try-hard emotion out of a situation. IAGOT is more restrained and low key. It's traditional, civilized, rootsy. Sounds a bit out of date, a bit of a relic. Like an old working man's folk song from 70 years ago that seems a bit of an oddity when heard today in a different world.

To be fair, and I hate saying it, it's a really good footy anthem for a club. The fact that that lot use it to define everything they say and do and then when push comes to shove and a player asks to leave they can't get on TV burning his shirt fast enough just shows what complete thumbheads they are, but as a footy song it's pretty good.
Song itself is a decent enough tune I suppose, don't like it myself. But as a club song it's dreadful. I know it's seen as an uplifting anthem but I think its dreary, solemn, reverential. I go the footie to enjoy myself, that's why I love GOT, right jolly little tune that unites club and fans in it's opening line, acknowledges why we're all there and then farts on yer rivals. YAWN says nowt about togger to me and its miserable as root canal. The fact that its sung by a "choir" says it all, quasi-religious cobblers sung by conformists desperate for a life beyond their own.

Edit: sorry, went off on one a bit there.

Just for your info lids,YNWA was first sung by the mancs after the Munich air disaster,the [Poor language removed] stole it from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.