Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id guess Zakaria would cost £35-40mil.

Hes so good though that its worth it in the same way Richarlison was worth the money.

Surely hes who we should be going after even if we have less funds for other areas. Hes that good.

If you were earning £100k+ a week as a footballer with all the prestige and glamour that comes with that then you're going to be living in an extremely secure area.

In addition, as a foreign footballer you'll want to be in a cosmopolitan environment and i dont think you can beat london in the UK for that.

You'll have agents and agencies introducing you to models, invites to parties, VIP everywhere.

Celebrities these days play by different rules and i count footballers as celebrities now.

I imagine women also want to mix in those types of circles so single or coupled up London is the place to be.

For me (as someone whose lived overseas for a long long time) id not be against living in Belgravia or a massive house in the countryside with my own driver / bodyguard.

One other thing, footballers playing for southampton probably have no clue about liverpool...but they will know london.
For Zakaria I meant unattainable in that surely someone with more prestige than us is going to want him and that is where he will go.

So he is going to wait for the window to be open before he finally decides who he wants to try and sign?
Don't believe that either.
Neither do I.
It was probably an enquiry for Hojbjerg and his agent Sahavi does what agents do.
Not for one minute do I believe he has been to Finch Farm.
The whole lot is just made up crap to get his player a move.
No reputable journalist has followed this through.

Yeh and we're bottom half trash.

It's relevant. I know we got Ancelotti, but we are not as appealing as we think we are. So we overspend and compromise which perpetuates the cycle.

I'm fine with missing out on the likes of Hojbjerg if he doesn't want us. We need hungry,committed, motivated players as the most basic requirement. I'm not bothered if they see us as a stepping stone either if they do the business whilst they are here.

Gael Clichy was on R5L last night saying he preferred a move to Turkey where he could challenge for titles there, rather than as he put it, "join a mid-table or lower Premier League club", from which he had offers.

Not that I would have wanted Clichy, but nor should we waste any time in being led down blind alleys by agents who just see us as pawns.

If we can't sign Option 1, we move on to Option 2. It's Brands job to ensure the available options are good enough and we can afford them.

Its only like 3 days away.. not mega difficult to believe.

You really believe that?

Monday morning, C.A. to Brands,
"Should we try and buy P.E.H. from Southampton?"
Brands "To late, X club has already spoken to he's agent and he's going there."

C.A. "Ok, no problem, let me look in my drawer for next on the list. Here we go, should we try and buy X from Bournemouth?"
Brands "Yeah he would fit, I will get back to you on that."
Next day. Brands "Sorry C.A, bad news, we are again to late, X club have already got in there and they've sold him their vision."

C.A. "Ok let me find my list. How about........"

Of course he already has a list of targets and he has also probably got someone to make contact to see it it's a possible incoming and if it's not, he can quickly move onto the next on the list.

Last edited:

We need to rebuild the midfield.

I'd happily take better players than siggurdson and Davies on a free right now. As long as they are competent then we are Improving the team.

I want us to go out and spend big on a midfielder though in much the same way United did for Fernandez.

Plenty out there at clubs who are tipped for the big move but haven't just yet. Goretzka / savic etc that level of player. Spend 50 million on them and make them the focal point of the midfield.

The others can be improved in time but the midfielder tasked with creativity is the key one this window. Without them, the rest don't matter. So spend big and get it right first time, our chances of a deal are far greater with ancelotti here.

Glad he’s not coming - hate Danish beer, butter and I’m not a big fan of their overpriced rashers of bacon either.

He’d sour my opinion of EFC danish midfielders if he came too... and I’m not happy at the prospect of abating my love of Tommy G.

Status
Not open for further replies.