Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t understand all the negatively with this bloke. If 5 times champions league winner ancelotti wants him that’s more than good enough for me.

the spurs stuff could be paper talk. There’s no quotes from the player saying he wants spurs.

Can’t understand all the negatively with this bloke. If 5 times champions league winner ancelotti wants him that’s more than good enough for me.

the spurs stuff could be paper talk. There’s no quotes from the player saying he wants spurs.
There is a quote of him saying he "knows what club he wants"....no one has came out and said it's us,So you'd have to think it's Spurs.

We should only sign players who's ambition is to play for bigger clubs.

Because players that are just content to play for us right now and have no future ambition just steal a wage and you all complain about it.

Any player who wants to move to what they consider "one of the best" will work his butt off here and fight to be the best. Sure, we sell them in 3-4 years, but we get their best years and a massive profit. If we could sign Gana's and Lukaku's every year we would be set.

Any player who feels like he's made it by signing here, is a huge danger.

Exactly. We also need to stop the policy of buying cast-offs from better teams, as more often than not, these players have shown why they couldn't cut it at the very top. We need players that see Everton as a stepping stone, as you say. As long as it's not a stepping stone to the RS, I'm fine with that.

In terms of the Spurs Everton comparison, when you actually think about it Spurs have literally no ambition and levy and his low ball offers clearly show this, that club is going nowhere but downwards from here.

We have Carlo and all signals are we fully intend to back him so it's not really as cut and shut as some make out, we are on the up they are on the down.

However if a Europa league run is his ambition, then that's secure with Spurs at moment.

I actually kind of agree with what you say about Spurs (mistakenly IMO) hiring an old manager coming to the end of he's career, on big wages, now joining a lower grade of club on he's way down but the a lot would say that's exactly what the four year older C.A. has done by joining Everton.
Also, Everton can only offer the chance that they one day again actually play in Europe again, Spurs for many years actually play in the competition.

Even though Spurs cannot finish lower than 7th and could finish 6th, there is still a 30% chance that for the first time in many years, they actually WONT be playing in Europe.

I honestly do believe they are in trouble and they have brought in the wrong manager. Their games under Jose have been very drab and they are a shadow of what they were under Pochettino.

Agree but Spurs have started winning quite regularly and importantly, the standard of football has got better.
Are Everton also winning regularly and playing a better standard of football?

I agree with this but if he thinks spurs are going to win him those CL's and Prems he talks about then i'm afraid he's in for a shock.

1) Where has he said he even wants to join Spurs?
2) Why would any player who really thinks he is good enough to win the P/L or C/L join a club like Everton or Spurs (although one of the two has been a lot closer than the other.)

What happened to Victor Wanyama again ?

He was really good for us but he got a serious injury and when he came back he was nowhere near the same standard so we let him go about a year ago.

Last edited:
I actually kind of agree with what you say about Spurs (mistakenly IMO) hiring an old manager coming to the end of he's career, on big wages, now joining a lower grade of club on he's way down but the a lot would say that's exactly what the four year older C.A. has done by joining Everton.
Also, Everton can only offer the chance that they one day again actually play in Europe again, Spurs for many years actually play in the competition.

Even though Spurs cannot finish lower than 7th and could finish 6th, there is still a 30% chance that for the first time in many years, they actually WONT be playing in Europe.

Agree but Spurs have started winning quite regularly and importantly, the standard of football has got better.
Are Everton also winning regularly and playing a better standard of football?

1) Where has he said he even wants to join Spurs?
2) Why would any player who really thinks he is good enough to win the P/L or C/L join a club like Everton or Spurs (although one of the two has been a lot closer than the other.)

He was really good for us but he got a serious injury and when he came back he was nowhere near the same standard so we let him go about a year ago.
All totally reasonable points IMO.

Looking from afar here's my tuppence worth.

Mourinho and Spurs ( particularly under Levy) are a bad fit. Mourinho likes to spend money ....lots it . Levy definately doesn't .

Spurs fans like to see progressive flowing football - Mourinho couldn't care less it's all about results.

Spurs need a continuation of the approach under Poch and to integrate more young players. Morinho isn't bothered about the like of Skipp , Sessegnon etc.

Mourinho doesn't stay long anywhere ....it won't end well.

Everton on the other hand .....where do I start. Spent and squandered millions on rubbish. Is there any more to spend ? I bloody well hope so with only a handful of decent players in the squad.

But ..... we have a world class manager adored by the fans and a fan base and probably ownership happy to invest time in the "project".

Neither club has won anything in ages.

Oh ...sorry ... Spurs apparently have a wonderful cheese room .... nice!

Good post Jazzy, agree with most of it but unfortunately, No cheese room :p.

Admittedly, cos of the horrible Covid it was finished at the worst possible time and you're correct, Spurs do have a wonderful stadium but there is a fair chance that with no supporters/very reduced attendances, the payments will now hinder the club?
Let's hope Everton, now possibly 100% of income spent on wages, still actually want to build a new stadium and if they do, can they also find the money to build it and progress up from the bottom half of table at the same time?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.