Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this very confusing. My only memory of this player was his interview after they got destroyed 9 nil at home to leicester. He hasn't played recently and Southampton have looked the best they have all season since he stopped playing. I'm really struggling to understand how this is the sort of player we need and feel we could have schneiderlin mark 2 on our books imminent.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the appeal with this player other than that he is out of contract next season

Ancelotti wants him.
Mourinho wants him.
Pep raved about him.

We've done nothing but moan about our midfield, especially how weak they all in the tackle and recovering the ball. This lad is apparently the best in the league at doing exactly that.

We go and bid £15/20m on a 24 year old, with a very decent footballing pedigree who would likely demand twice that fee if he wasn't going into his last year of his contract and he hadnt asked for a move and there's moans because he's from Southampton and reminds people of Morgan Schneiderlin.

If we were signing him from Bayern Munich there wouldnt be any angst IMO.

But, does Brands want him.

That is the key

Ancelotti wants him.
Mourinho wants him.
Pep raved about him.

We've done nothing but moan about our midfield, especially how weak they all in the tackle and recovering the ball. This lad is apparently the best in the league at doing exactly that.

We go and bid £15/20m on a 24 year old, with a very decent footballing pedigree who would likely demand twice that fee if he wasn't going into his last year of his contract and he hadnt asked for a move and there's moans because he's from Southampton and reminds people of Morgan Schneiderlin.

We need to get signings in ready to go before the new season starts.

NOT THAT 1 EVERTON

Ancelotti wants him.
Mourinho wants him.
Pep raved about him.

THANK YOU!!!!

I find this very confusing. My only memory of this player was his interview after they got destroyed 9 nil at home to leicester. He hasn't played recently and Southampton have looked the best they have all season since he stopped playing. I'm really struggling to understand how this is the sort of player we need and feel we could have schneiderlin mark 2 on our books imminent.

Can someone please enlighten me as to the appeal with this player other than that he is out of contract next season
tenor.gif

Hopefully he is a bit of a "steady Eddie"who can break play up and get us on the move, we need someone like this to let Gomes flourish I think, unfortunately Tom Davies just isn't the answer, lets hope this lad has more luck than Gbamin.

Seen someone to a post on how he's similar to Henderson across the park. An engine, a leader and someone that will keep things ticking without being too flash. Will definitely provide better balance for Gomes but think my concern is between the two they don't score many goals.

The only way it could be better is if Davies is included in the deal to go the other way. I don't want to go into a new season with the threat of him playing games for us being there

I know a lot of you have already said things like “If Southampton want more than £15 million walk away/Spurs can have him” but if your manager has decided that he is definitely the player needed and is worth paying a few million more for him” then you have to respect the money men for trusting the managers judgement and getting the deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.