Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Can't Decide.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
I know this is a very unlikely scenario but if one of them HAD to be shipped off in January which would you choose and why?

I wouldn't like to lose either of them at the moment, but i have a growing expectation that Arteta may decide to leave this summer, and if that was to be the case, then how would he perform from January onwards ? I'd like to think that he'd be ready for the fight and commited to the cause, the last thing we'd need was a player who was no more than a passenger, regardless of ability.

I can't decide. Arteta has been with us longer and I think he's been pretty brilliant for much of that time. Piennar is just starting to flower, so let's see what comes from now on. But I'd hate to lose either.

I love em both, would hate to pick. They both bring different things to our game, if u rammed a gun in my mouth and forced me to pick i would have to say bye to Pieman.

Arteta is the better player, he brings more to our game than Pienaar. Pienaar is naturally more creative though, better in the final third and better end product.

Pienaar needs other players who can pass and move like him to succeed, he's not cut out to being the main play maker. A big reason why he struggled at Dortmund.

Arteta can shine in both, he's shown that he can carry alot yard dogs and still be effective. I'd rather have Arteta.

Realistically though we need both, probably the only two players who are musts in the starting eleven.

arteta - Purely because we'd get more money for him, cant see much between them in terms of what they bring to the team, apart from mikels penalties which can easily be replaced (because we dont get manylol)

Umm did anyone watch the Newcastle game? Pienaar was brilliant in the first half, we played some brilliant attacking football because of him. Sure he dropped off in the second half but first game back from a long injury..what do you expect.

And to be honest i cant believe this thread was made in the first place. We need them both here.

Arteta. Look at the difference when Pienaar came back against Newcastle. (Posted before I read yours, M06, but glad to see someone else noticed it ;))

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we need them both, I was just trying to gauge who we think is a more influential player for us without saying so. I think Pienaar is more important to us and I'm quite surprised by how many votes Arteta has got to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.