Picking aplayer for england because who they play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baschurch blue

Player Valuation: £225k
Ross barkey was picked because he had one good game for Chelsea.would he havw been picked if he was still at everton.England were very poor but it seem no one is allowed to say that any more. Barkley performance was mediocre but no one said that .what wrong with these so called football pundits .bring back some criticism on the Tele.

Ross barkey was picked because he had one good game for Chelsea.would he havw been picked if he was still at everton.England were very poor but it seem no one is allowed to say that any more. Barkley performance was mediocre but no one said that .what wrong with these so called football pundits .bring back some criticism on the Tele.

I think that this thread. Has far too many full stops. Still, an enjoyable read. Would read again.

I agree with your Ross Barkley sentiment, although he is vastly improved. However, Southgate seems to be doing a good job of selecting young players based on ability. Ross probably sneaks in based on that but I don’t think he’d get a game if he was playing like that for us.
Personally I like the fact we are getting behind the national team more. They are young and need work so criticising them all the time would be counter productive. We spent years slagging off a bunch of under performing over paid premadonnas and look where that got us. Also the expectations of the national team seem more realistic under Southgate. Apart from the easy draw, probably why we did so well in the World Cup!

I think Southgate is less biased than past managers who picked the same squad automatically irregardless of form. Didn't watch last night's game, but, do like the fact that he is giving youth a chance. Although, how Henderson gets into the squad I will never know.

Barkley has been playing well for Chelsea overall this season. Not exactly a crime to play him.

..if you watch the last two Derby matches he played in, Henderson had Barkley in his pocket and didn’t even break sweat. Indeed, in both games Barkley could’ve been sent of for fouls on Henderson.

Barkley always looked so nervous in those games. It was proper rabbit in the headlights stuff.

I would say it was slightly unfair on Barkley though. It was his job to drag a mediocre side like us to victory over a side with far better footballers. A lot of pressure for a local lad to carry.

I didn't see a different Ross Barkley from the Everton one. Not involved enough, did a few decent passes, still loses possession. He is still a mile away from the form we know he can produce but Chelsea seem to be getting massive credit and the media say he is better than he was at Everton.....I just don't see it to be honest.

Barkley always looked so nervous in those games. It was proper rabbit in the headlights stuff.

I would say it was slightly unfair on Barkley though. It was his job to drag a mediocre side like us to victory over a side with far better footballers. A lot of pressure for a local lad to carry.

..there always seems to be an excuse with Barkley. The best players produce in the big games, Henderson was on a different level I’m afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.