Philip Nikodem Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayee

Player Valuation: £40m
I love him. He's our best centre back, consistent and solid. Overcame immense pressure and the memory of missing against Fiorentina to convert the winning penalty at Wembley in the fa cup semi final. His appearance in the final cruelly snatched away with a career threatening injury that has kept him out for ten months. He made his return against sporting in feb, then played the second 45 last sunday against spurs. Should he start on sunday? IMO yes! We need him, he keeps us solid and especially now fellaini's injured we need a big defensive presence who will put a foot in, especially with our midfield being so lightweight and attacking minded due to screech's injury!

I love him. He's our best centre back, consistent and solid. Overcame immense pressure and the memory of missing against Fiorentina to convert the winning penalty at Wembley in the fa cup semi final. His appearance in the final cruelly snatched away with a career threatening injury that has kept him out for ten months. He made his return against sporting in feb, then played the second 45 last sunday against spurs. Should he start on sunday? IMO yes! We need him, he keeps us solid and especially now fellaini's injured we need a big defensive presence who will put a foot in, especially with our midfield being so lightweight and attacking minded due to screech's injury!

I love him too , Doris .
Geezer .

If fit . He plays . For ever .

listening to him speak on the radio yesterday about the robbery at his house, he was eloquent, polite and showed a different side to him not normally associated with premier league footballers.

Cracking bloke and a top class defender.

He is a top bloke, my mate's a Sheff United fan and was going to one of the pre season opening days/ground tour but arrived late so missed it.
Jagielka was still outside the ground so my mate asked for his autograph, he asked Chris if he had enjoyed the tour, Chris explained to him that he had missed it. Jagielka takes it upon himself to become tour guide and even showed him the changing rooms where nobody else was allowed to go, made his year!

I couldn't imagine many top pro's doing a deed like this. Wasn't John Terry busted for selling ground tours at £10k a pop?

Jagielka all round top fella and future Everton captain can't wait to see him lift a trophy above his head.

He is a top bloke, my mate's a Sheff United fan and was going to one of the pre season opening days/ground tour but arrived late so missed it.
Jagielka was still outside the ground so my mate asked for his autograph, he asked Chris if he had enjoyed the tour, Chris explained to him that he had missed it. Jagielka takes it upon himself to become tour guide and even showed him the changing rooms where nobody else was allowed to go, made his year!

I couldn't imagine many top pro's doing a deed like this. Wasn't John Terry busted for selling ground tours at £10k a pop?

Jagielka all round top fella and future Everton captain can't wait to see him lift a trophy above his head.

As Captain.#
only tim cahill maybe more deserving to be captain when lifting our first trophy in 15 years.

As Captain.#
only tim cahill maybe more deserving to be captain when lifting our first trophy in 15 years.

Cahill would be a good captain and would deserve it, he has the ability to really get behind the lads and motivate them because of his rapor and demeanor with the other lads. But Most managers like a captain to see the whole pitch infront of them so it's usually with a defender (at least at Everton) obviously there are exceptions at clubs Shearer was a great captain for Newcastle because he was there epitome of greatness, the same could be said of Cahill with us.
I think Jagielka will be the natural successor to Nevilles arm band tho he reads the game well and holds us together, Cahills position works against him I think.
maybe they should lift a trophy together starting with next seasons title.

I loves Jagielka too! Maybe a little too much... but still. He's such a legend! ;) He was our best player in his return match in the Europa Leauge. Deffinately a future Captain... BUT Tim Cahill should get it first ;)

I STILL watch the semi-final shoot out and cry when Jags scores. Yes, i am THAT sad, but its so worth it! <3

Love him to bits, but I hope he is eased back gradually. 10 months out is a hell of a long time, and he will be at nothing close to PL fitness and sharpness.

Status
Not open for further replies.