Philip Micallef - cretin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I read that earlier today. Like you say, he's a cretin and hasn't got a clue. He really seems to think Cahill, because he's an Aussie hero, is worthy of playing for Man United or Barcelona. He doesn't even ponder whether players like Arteta, Yakubu, Pienaar, Jagielka, Baines, Saha and Fellaini are actually more or equally instrumental to Everton.

What a [Poor language removed]. I left a comment (polite, of course) but it's not been printed yet.

Obviously written to get some kind of uproar - We are bigger than trash like this. Just toss it to the side and lets get on with things.

Someone please save Cahill from Everton

By Philip Micallef | 19 August 2009 | 12:20

Australian folk hero Tim Cahill recently declared that he wanted to “win things” with his club Everton before considering coming home to end his career in the A-League.

Well, it is certainly fair to say that he is unlikely to fulfil his ambition with such an unappealing and unattractive side as the Toffees.
Cahill is probably the finest and most famous player in the Goodison Park outfit but his rare talents that manifest themselves in most areas of the field are wasted on such a mediocre team that will struggle to retain the flattering fifth place in the Premier League they achieved last season.
Cahill is as loyal a servant as can be and has gone on record several times to declare his allegiance to the club and manager David Moyes with whom, he said, he has an excellent relationship.
Cahill is in the second year of a four-year contract with the club, who regard him as an untouchable hero and one of the premiership’s most influential players.
The modest Sydneysider might even feel a bit embarrassed with this story even though it is purely and entirely my opinion and has absolutely nothing to do with him.
But the fact remains that the man who is fast becoming the most important player in the Socceroos’ World Cup team needs a finer and more polished team to be able to unleash the full force of his football culture.
And since he does not appear to be the type of bloke to step into Moyes’ office with a transfer request, can somebody come in and get him out of the place?
Everton would be very reluctant to let their Mr Versatility go. Can you imagine the fans’ backlash if that happened?
But we all know what clubs are like: all principles go out the window if the money is right.
Watching him run around like a lost soul while his Everton teammates were being hammered 6-1 by Arsenal at the weekend did not make for a pleasant experience as far as he was concerned.
Cahill will be 30 in December and he and his advisors could do much worse than have a good look at the last few years of his top-flight career and what he wants to achieve.
Cahill is no ordinary player. He is to the Socceroos what Kaka is to Brazil, Steven Gerrard to England, Fabio Cannavaro to Italy and Fernando Torres to Spain: the heart and soul of the team.
And the importance of being earnest is such that the player himself who says he is in no hurry to quit could so easily play for Australia at the following World Cup in Brazil in 2014.
But unless Cahill finds a club that enhances rather than depends on his qualities, he will probably stagnate at a time in his career when he should be pushing for lasting greatness by raising his game to even higher levels.
If he were so inclined, the midfielder with the Midas touch could walk into several continental clubs that interpret the game in a much better and more appealing way than the Toffees do.
Cahill basically is too gifted a footballer for workmanlike Everton in much the same way as Harry Kewell was never really on the same wavelength as some of his Leeds teammates in his latter days at Elland Road almost a decade ago.
One thing is abundantly clear: our Timmy would become a more influential performer for his country if he joined a more technically orientated and demanding side than Everton.

--------------------------------------------------------------

To be fair to the guy, I can understand his opinion somewhat even if I don't agree. As much as he loves Cahill, he probably couldn't care less about Everton, but he's more than a little harsh with his choice of words regarding our team.

We're not mediocre. We're simply not as glamorous as some of the bigger clubs to a neutral and I guess that's true in the eyes of many.

This might come as a shock to those who have not considered it, but I actually think his concerns for Cahill may actually have some justification, but not necessarily for the reasons he suggests.

I personally have some doubt as to how we can continue to play some of our players in the same team, unless we don't play strikers.
It could turn out that either Fellaini or Cahill might have to give way, as there is no balance at the moment, and it's fair to say that Moyes is accomodating some players without really knowing where best to play them.

I can only really see Cahill now as a striker , as we have many midfield players without finding a proven formula.
Should we bring in a right sided player, that will then leave Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Fellaini, Neville, Rodwell, Osman, Gosling, Peterlin and Wallace.
This gives us a little problem trying to decide who will take up the other 3 midfield places, and maybe 1 striker role, especially when our strikers are fit again.

As for the guys views about our club, I hope one day he gets to eat his words. It actually sounds like he's quite anti Everton.

Last edited:

Obvious RedShite.

beat me to it . So obviously a phoney redsh*te its untrue . I couldnt careless if we are percieved as dull , boring whatever . Know your history you cocky gobsh*te and then you will know why Cahill loves Everton & everything that goes with it .(n)

I dont think Cahill is as good as some people think, I doubt he would be any better in a higher ranked team.

Status
Not open for further replies.