Phil Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

Player Valuation: £30m
Has been an absolute rock in defensive midfielder I can't believe there isn't a thread about how good he has been for us lately. he's been solid, gets stuck in, picks out some nice passes and is doing a decent job of showing for the back four.

For all the stick I've given him in the past he's been top class this season. I thought he'd be swamped in the diamond formation against Pompey but I thought he played quite well with no support from Osman or Pienaar. Surely he must be in with a shout at player of the season.

If you are going to pick a defensive midfield player for England who is on form and does show, who better than Pip rather than "Crock"ley King, assuming that's where he'll play.

If Moyes can get the best of out of Neville, I think even raising the dead (AVDM excluded) can be achieved by Moyes. ;)

Neville, Jagielka and Cahill. My personal Candidates for Player of the Season.

Shame that Arteta was injured, as it kinda rules him out. But I think for sheer consistency, it has to go to Jagielka. He would have to do something very wrong to lose my vote.

Def been his best year in a blue shirt. Could also be his best year of his career. Ironic really that he hasn't been called up to the England squad. There were many who said he hasn't' deserved half the caps hes got, as he wasn't playing regularly, or wasn't consistent enough. Yet here he is....one of our most consistent players, and he gets ignored. :dodgy:

Strange i have always been a great defender of Phil Neville. Although hes been great this season at right back and CM hes not the answer hes a defender playing Centre Midfeild, needs must i know.

I draw your attention to Saturdays game, Newcastle away, Blackburn away and Wigan away, all of these games we have been muscled out of and out fought i said it yesterday, we need a destroyer in the center, and someone who will protect our quality players who were kicked out of all those games, its not Phil Neville. This is not a Neville bashing post, hes done very well in a position thats not his own.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.