Phil Neville: Retrospective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing will make me remember Phil Neville fondly. Coleman may be crap now but he's at least somewhat likeable

I always liked Phil and felt he came in for some unfair stick. We could certainly do with somebody like him now. A 28-year-old Neville walks in to this current team at left back, right back, or centre mid. Aged 30-33 he still walks into this side in midfield.

Tbh, I could have picked other players from that era. Did we not appreciate what we had, and in future are we gonna appreciate what professionalism and a bit of mental steel bring to the table?
He was a manc rat happy for us to have our head patted by the ‘bigger’ clubs. Embarrassing he was our captain, absolute yard dog.

They do, absolutely.

Why didn't Moyes want Everton players surrounding the ref then? That entire squad lived and thrived on snide moments, like his own tackle against CR7. Yet, as a captain and a team we were always the "know your place" and "knife to a gun fight" "good guy" Everton.

Why?
I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that teams are successful because they surround the referee rather than realising the reality that you get more leniency from and influence over referees when you’re successful.

I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that teams are successful because they surround the referee rather than realising the reality that you get more leniency from and influence over referees when you’re successful.
Yeah.

I'll tell myself that when glorious successful Brighton get a dubious call against us next time.

Or LITERALLY anyone else at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.