Phil Neville: Retrospective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Captain Phil

Solid pro

Always thought the hate he got was a bit OTT, ditto for guys like Osman and Hibbert

None of them were world beaters but they did a solid job for us for many years
I was thinking just the other day, for all the flack Osman got, he’d walk into this current side as one of our better players.

Blue Heart award holder from BLUEEEE BILLLLL we nearly once signed George Best at 28. Then we where the big club. Sadly we became a Utd feeder club. Thanks Billy Boy

No thanks Would get the ball run to half way line and pass it back.Famous for one tackle.pathetic return

Is this how far Everton has fallen? Praising ex players who said we should be grateful for finishing 7th every season? The original rally caller himself?

I know we are in an awful situation now, and he would make our team now, but he was holding us back then. Pistone would make our team now ffs.

Reminiscing about Phil Neville, Jesus wept.

Is this how far Everton has fallen? Praising ex players who said we should be grateful for finishing 7th every season? The original rally caller himself?

I know we are in an awful situation now, and he would make our team now, but he was holding us back then. Pistone would make our team now ffs.

Reminiscing about Phil Neville, Jesus wept.

What's wrong with reminiscing about about a player who was nowhere near as rubbish as SOME people tried to make out?

The haters have now taken to saying 'yeah, he's not as rubbish as these lot, but he was still rubbish'.... Oh, so not THAT rubbish then?

Are the haters that idiotic that they STILL can't see the difference between actual rubbish players and Phil Neville?

Answer my question anyway. In future will you appreciate what professionalism and mental steel bring to the table?

What's wrong with reminiscing about about a player who was nowhere near as rubbish as SOME people tried to make out?

The haters have now taken to saying 'yeah, he's not as rubbish as these lot, but he was still rubbish'.... Oh, so not THAT rubbish then?

Are the haters that idiotic that they STILL can't see the difference between actual rubbish players and Phil Neville?

Answer my question anyway. In future will you appreciate what professionalism and mental steel bring to the table?
He was bang average. I'd take that right now. However, I'm sorry he's all you have to reminisce about. Southall, Ratcliffe, Gray, Sharp and co would be far more fitting of one's time.

Even the most average of players from the Moyes teams of 2007-13 would moonwalk into this current side blindfolded. We have an absolutely miserable team at both ends of the pitch with no redeeming qualities.

The list of central midfielders from the last 20 years that you’d pick ahead of him is tiny. Who would you have ahead of him? Arteta and Barry for sure, after that, I can’t think of many? Gravesen possibly? Fellaini maybe, but he was more of a second striker.

Schneiderlin cost 20m, Allan 20m, Doucoure 20m, Klassen 20m, loads of other expensive crap that I can’t remember. Neville was better than all of them!

He’s probably our 3rd best central midfielder over the past 20 years.

The list of central midfielders from the last 20 years that you’d pick ahead of him is tiny. Who would you have ahead of him? Arteta and Barry for sure, after that, I can’t think of many? Gravesen possibly? Fellaini maybe, but he was more of a second striker.

Schneiderlin cost 20m, Allan 20m, Doucoure 20m, Klassen 20m, loads of other expensive crap that I can’t remember. Neville was better than all of them!

He’s probably our 3rd best central midfielder over the past 20 years.
Carsley was boss for us

Status
Not open for further replies.