Phil Neville for England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just no. I'm remembering why I never used to like him. Namely he's a [Poor language removed] right back.

Unfortunately (as happened last season) I think Cappello would sooner call up Gary rather than Phil. I think it is fair to say his England playing days are over, which is a shame for him.

Neville deserves to go!

Why? For being injured for months, then coming back and putting in a few decent performances and a few crap ones?

Tackling Ronaldo doesn't mean you deserve to play for England.

Can't see any chance of Nev playing for England again really.

Why? For being injured for months, then coming back and putting in a few decent performances and a few crap ones?

Tackling Ronaldo doesn't mean you deserve to play for England.

Can't see any chance of Nev playing for England again really.

because he can play either full back and in midfield. I'm Welsh so i couldn't give a flying **** about England to be fair, but you need flexible players with limited numbers!

because he can play either full back and in midfield. I'm Welsh so i couldn't give a flying **** about England to be fair, but you need flexible players with limited numbers!

I'm English and i couldn't give a flying **** either!

I agree versatility is good and what you need in a squad but don't think that Neville is really good enough these days to play for England, simple as.

And i reckon Capello feels the same.

When you look at players he relies on; the likes of Heskey and Gary Nev for example, he picks "past it" players and has been's. With neville able to play right back, left back, defensive mid and emergency centre back whilst being a natural leader, i feel capello should seriously consider it. If cole is technically fit to play, chances are he won't be match fit, meaning that he shouldn't travel because he'd be a liability, neville would offer back up for many positions in the squad and ideal to have on the bench to free up places for strikers and attacking players!

When you look at players he relies on; the likes of Heskey and Gary Nev for example, he picks "past it" players and has been's. With neville able to play right back, left back, defensive mid and emergency centre back whilst being a natural leader, i feel capello should seriously consider it. If cole is technically fit to play, chances are he won't be match fit, meaning that he shouldn't travel because he'd be a liability, neville would offer back up for many positions in the squad and ideal to have on the bench to free up places for strikers and attacking players!

I think you gave the main reason though why he won't be picked : because he isn't one of Capellos favourites and unless there is a big injury crisis he won't even be looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.