Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be worse, could be Lukaku or Barkley or Stones. Funes will be just as good as Jagielka and now has his chance to cement his position in the starting XI.

Genuinely excited to see Coleman, Stones, Funes and Baines within the next two weeks.

Shame the armband will go to our worst player in the meantime, unless Martinez decides to give it to Barry.

I'd rather it was Barkley than Jags NEA.

Those saying it could have been worse (loss of Lukaku or Barkley or Stones) are spot on.

Jagielka is a decent enough centre back but nowhere near irreplaceable. Funes Mori steps in there no problem. And it's not as if we'll struggle to replace his organisational or leadership qualities.

I believe we'll be unaffected by this particular loss.

Given that Stones and Funes Mori are or could be our likely centre-back pairing for the future... whilst injury to Jags is unfortunate, we need to look for a positive and that could be JS and RFM developing an understanding right now while young and then building on it.
And then if both Galloway and Browning continue to develop, the centre of the defence could/should be pretty solid for some years to come.

Those saying it could have been worse (loss of Lukaku or Barkley or Stones) are spot on.

Jagielka is a decent enough centre back but nowhere near irreplaceable. Funes Mori steps in there no problem. And it's not as if we'll struggle to replace his organisational or leadership qualities.

Yes Fumes Mori, or Browning can do a good job - Fumes Mori so far has looked very impressive!
RM did say he need back up ay CB now its proven - pity he did not feel the need in the GK dept!

it seems a season where our youngsters who have come in have been our better performers ,so I hope this trend continues,I think our younger generation are about ready to be tested if Galloway and Browning are anything to go by.would bringing back Garbutt be worth it as well I wonder ?

Baines coming back in will help even more now, and also, if Galloway keeps up his performances, means that he can slot in at LCB if Mori-Stones isn't quite working out. Very young back four, though. I wouldn't mind if Howard provided any sort of protection behind them...

Injuries happen, center halves are replaceable without disrupting a great deal shape wise, it's a chance for mori to cut his teeth in the prem with a decent run in the side, bad luck for jags like, but I'm not particularly worried

it seems a season where our youngsters who have come in have been our better performers ,so I hope this trend continues,I think our younger generation are about ready to be tested if Galloway and Browning are anything to go by.would bringing back Garbutt be worth it as well I wonder ?
We can't fetch Garbutt back permanent season long loan at Fulham just returned to the sub bench after a long injury!

AMEN, my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.