2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed this. What did he say? Was it in the post-match interviews after the Arsenal game?
He said on MOTD2 that the team was getting its act together and that he hopes to be a part of it but will have to see what happens.

Did he text you dave?
If he did he'd get one of these back...

middle-finger.png

It's a snide what's app group set up by Moyes originally.
Osman can add new members too.

Moyes has now taken on more of an H role like off line of duty.

So that’s why he bought that house just down from the training ground.

The pieces are all falling into place now

I must have missed this. What did he say? Was it in the post-match interviews after the Arsenal game?

He's saving money on Jags fake tan bill by allowing him to house sit for him in Portugal. Also something in Portuguese about a fat ginger who sits in the crowd and eats all the pies, my Portuguese isn't that great so couldn't understand it fully.

They are dead wood. How can you distinguish between the worth of Baines or Jagielka and, say, Schneiderlin or Bolasie or Niasse?

I cant see any difference.
Baines deserves a medal of honour for his services to the club namely his hand in getting rid of Martinez.
Just messing with you mate

Hope to god we keep Jagielka & Baines around at the club. 2 perfect professionals, and both will surely make excellent coaches. Jagielka in particular.
I think it depends on a few things, wages fir a start. I think jags maybe the one we could keep as a player/coach with him coaching some of the younger age Groups.

Baines I think will leave as he probably feels he’s got another season or two in him.

He said on MOTD2 that the team was getting its act together and that he hopes to be a part of it but will have to see what happens.

That says to me he's not been offered one. That also means to me that he's probably not going to be either because if there were plans to, it could have been well done before the summer.

He may get the proverbial "come in and sit down, Phil" from Brands in the next few weeks.

Hope to god we keep Jagielka & Baines around at the club. 2 perfect professionals, and both will surely make excellent coaches. Jagielka in particular.
I've always found this a bit of a weird argument. Unless you've played with them or spent a large amount of time with them, how do you decide whether somebody will make a good coach? It's a proper job, with its own skillset, it's impossible to just look at a player from a fan's point of view and have the faintest idea whether they'll be any good at coaching.

I've always found this a bit of a weird argument. Unless you've played with them or spent a large amount of time with them, how do you decide whether somebody will make a good coach? It's a proper job, with its own skillset, it's impossible to just look at a player from a fan's point of view and have the faintest idea whether they'll be any good at coaching.

Well we can see he should never have been our captain, and I think that's a contributing factor to being a coach.

I don't have a problem with Jagielka staying on for another season as cover at centre back.
I would guess that his wage would be greatly reduced and rather than spending a lot of money to sign somebody who would probably not be a certain starter anyway if we can keep Zouma then why not just keep Jagielka and let Holgate and Feeney out on loan to get even more experience.

The same argument for Baines.

I would like us to concentrate our resources on a central midfielder, a wide player and a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.