2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are dead wood. How can you distinguish between the worth of Baines or Jagielka and, say, Schneiderlin or Bolasie or Niasse?

I cant see any difference.

When you get a second, have a look at our squad, you’ll soon answer your own question

They are dead wood. How can you distinguish between the worth of Baines or Jagielka and, say, Schneiderlin or Bolasie or Niasse?

I cant see any difference.

I take all that into account but have you considered the possibility he still is a good player and has got clean sheets and goals when he's played. Imagine if he was up to scratch with a run of games. Phoooar. I think two seasons but I'll meet you half way and settle on a year extension. Be reasonable now.

I take all that into account but have you considered the possibility he still is a good player and has got clean sheets and goals when he's played. Imagine if he was up to scratch with a run of games. Phoooar. I think two seasons but I'll meet you half way and settle on a year extension. Be reasonable now.
Too much sense being talked here, also, asking davek to be reasonable?!?!

No club with ambition would even consider offering an extension to two veterans who are bit part players.

If Brands allows either one of Baines or Jagielka to stay on we can read an awful lot off from that about the DoF.

We hire people like him to be utterly ruthless and clear headed in carrying out their job, someone who acts without sentiment.
Agreed. I could see the club giving him an extension after his performance on Sunday, which was decent in fairness.
Brands is talking about working on the profile of the club and developing young players. If the club keep handing out contracts to jagielka and Baines who are not, truly part of the plan going forward it puts the project back a step. Let them move on. Pointless keeping them.

Are we atalking about the same player?

The divvy who cant keep his own feet and gets sent off? The one who cant find an Everton player with the ball when under pressure? The one costantly caught out of position and needing bailing out?

Agreed. I could see the club giving him an extension after his performance on Sunday, which was decent in fairness.
Brands is talking about working on the profile of the club and developing young players. If the club keep handing out contracts to jagielka and Baines who are not, truly part of the plan going forward it puts the project back a step. Let them move on. Pointless keeping them.
It makes no sense to keep players like them on. Would Brands have retained veterans out of contract in Eindhoven or would he insists on a younger player being promoted or brought in?

I think the latter, and I expect no different here.

And I can’t believe that you think people believe he will be offered some bumper deal.

Anyway jags in, Richarlison out eh? Gutted you didn’t get the DoF job mate, you’d have been boss.

They have literally said so above, but you wouldn't know that would you cos you obvs didnt read it first

As for Richarlison, I have been very happy to praise him recently, but you wouldn't know that would you cos you obvs didnt read first

Check before typing mate

They have literally said so above, but you wouldn't know that would you cos you obvs didnt read it first

As for Richarlison, I have been very happy to praise him recently, but you wouldn't know that would you cos you obvs didnt read first

Check before typing mate
Ah I assumed that you were talking about my post and the one I quoted when you replied to me. Seeing as neither of us were saying that it seemed a bit weird, but If you were just going off on a tangent about other people because you had no comeback that’s cool, I get it.

Are we atalking about the same player?

The divvy who cant keep his own feet and gets sent off? The one who cant find an Everton player with the ball when under pressure? The one costantly caught out of position and needing bailing out?

No im talking about Phil jagielka. Good player who was out of form but has come on and played great anytime hes been needed and showing us the player he was and still is. Organised defence that time when we where crap and got us a clean sheet for first time in ages. Then after a rusty first 5 mins got back into it against the Arse kept clean sheet and only went and scored the winner. This is him when not match fit and an OAP. Can only imagine if he got a run of 10/15 games.

No im talking about Phil jagielka. Good player who was out of form but has come on and played great anytime hes been needed and showing us the player he was and still is. Organised defence that time when we where crap and got us a clean sheet for first time in ages. Then after a rusty first 5 mins got back into it against the Arse kept clean sheet and only went and scored the winner. This is him when not match fit and an OAP. Can only imagine if he got a run of 10/15 games.
You see what you want, I suppose.

One thing that is objectively true though is that both Baines and Jagielka need replacing and that it'll get more costly as time goes on. Handing another £6M over in the form of wages is false economy...no matter how adequate you feel they've been this season.

It makes no sense from Brands' own professed model to keep hem.

Let's be honest jags should have been punted 12mths ago along with baines I can't believe 12 months on people are discussing given them new contracts, come on boys please.

Status
Not open for further replies.