2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been good against Cardiff and Arsenal. That doesn't mean we should retain a 37-year-old on a new contract. He wouldn't play like that for a prolonged run of games. Therefore he wouldn't be good value for a new contract.

It's April and he's been in the last year of his contract for the whole season. He's hardly played and when Zouma, Mina and Keane have all been fit he's not even made the bench. Yet he's not signed a new contract yet? That tells you all that you need to know on the matter. Watch those facts lad.

Good point, well made.
Lol
He doesn’t make the bench when our three main cbs are fit so you want to put holgate there!!!!!!!
This is EXACTLY why jags is there, he’s on a retainer and not ruining his career by not playing.
Common sense

I’m not arguing.

I am merely pointing out that your weird, daily obsession of slating and labelling as Judas’s, two of the finest servants of the club ever seen, is ridiculously odd and makes you seem rather unhinged.

Hope this helps.
Caricature.

Lol
He doesn’t make the bench when our three main cbs are fit so you want to put holgate there!!!!!!!
This is EXACTLY why jags is there, he’s on a retainer and not ruining his career by not playing.
Common sense

I expect all four centre backs to (and be capable of) playing a significant amount of games throughout a season. Jagielka is not capable of this which is why he's been used only when desperate this year. Holgate is capable.

It's common sense. I don't want any players if we can help it who you wouldn't be fine with starting a run of six games at any point in the season.

Holgate's next step is to be a competitive member of our squad. Jagielka hasn't got that in him at his age so why waste money on him?

I expect all four centre backs to (and be capable of) playing a significant amount of games throughout a season. Jagielka is not capable of this which is why he's been used only when desperate this year. Holgate is capable.

It's common sense. I don't want any players if we can help it who you wouldn't be fine with starting a run of six games at any point in the season.

Holgate's next step is to be a competitive member of our squad. Jagielka hasn't got that in him at his age so why waste money on him?

The funniest thing about your total waffle is that Holgate isn't even a Cb at the moment, he is playing at RB for West Brom

So yes, let's ditch Jags who has been fine every time when called upon and put west broms right back in his place and totally ruin his development.

Anyway, we aren't going to agree, it is futile conversation.

Let's see how it all pans out.

The funniest thing about your total waffle is that Holgate isn't even a Cb at the moment, he is playing at RB for West Brom

So yes, let's ditch Jags who has been fine every time when called upon and put west broms right back in his place and totally ruin his development.

Agreed. You're entitled to your opinion mate as I am to mine.

We'll know either way eventually.

Nice swansong for him on Sunday. For how much we paid he has been a great servant. I wouldn't like to see him stay next season though unless he is basically doing it free of charge, or perhaps he can stay on and we can help him do his coaching badges and in worst case scenarios we can always call him back in.

Insulting? Eh? Either leave the club and unsettle your family or stay on a reduced wage and getting into the coaching system. Loads of players do it mate.
He’s dead right though mate. You don’t offer your club captain and one of your most capped ever England internationals a new contract on £50k a week less than he was on, it’s an insult. A new contract which wasn’t £50k a week less wouldn’t be good value, so I don’t think he’ll get one.

No club with ambition would even consider offering an extension to two veterans who are bit part players.

If Brands allows either one of Baines or Jagielka to stay on we can read an awful lot off from that about the DoF.

We hire people like him to be utterly ruthless and clear headed in carrying out their job, someone who acts without sentiment.

He’s dead right though mate. You don’t offer your club captain and one of your most capped ever England internationals a new contract on £50k a week less than he was on, it’s an insult. A new contract which wasn’t £50k a week less wouldn’t be good value, so I don’t think he’ll get one.
Are you serious?
He and the club know his value will be less now than at any other time since he has been here. It will be a basic, low retainer on the proviso he will not get many games. He has played 5 games this season and is 4th choice just as if he will ask for or be offered a big wage, thats not how it works.
He will not want to move his family if possible, nor be unemployed, standard practice would be take a low wage, keep training and perhaps get into some coaching. He may even get a better offer elsewhere but I doubt it.

I cannot believe people think he will be offered some bumper deal.

No club with ambition would even consider offering an extension to two veterans who are bit part players.

If Brands allows either one of Baines or Jagielka to stay on we can read an awful lot off from that about the DoF.

We hire people like him to be utterly ruthless and clear headed in carrying out their job, someone who acts without sentiment.

There's plenty more dead wood ahead of them mate and you know it.

Unbelievably short memories, it wasn’t that long back that he put us down to 10 men in the first half because he couldn’t control a 5 yard pass. I knew this was going to happen though, a mass clamour for a new contract after one and a half decent games at the back end of the season. I’m sure Bill will be happy to oblige.

Are you serious?
He and the club know his value will be less now than at any other time since he has been here. It will be a basic, low retainer on the proviso he will not get many games. He has played 5 games this season and is 4th choice just as if he will ask for or be offered a big wage, thats not how it works.
He will not want to move his family if possible, nor be unemployed, standard practice would be take a low wage, keep training and perhaps get into some coaching. He may even get a better offer elsewhere but I doubt it.

I cannot believe people think he will be offered some bumper deal.
And I can’t believe that you think people believe he will be offered some bumper deal.

Anyway jags in, Richarlison out eh? Gutted you didn’t get the DoF job mate, you’d have been boss.

First time I've ever agreed with Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.