2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he is not. He is not “better” than any of the other carts. He is complete and utter dog faeces.
Assuming we only get one center back in who do you play next to that player? To me you maybe give Holgate a shot but if it doesn't work it's definitely Jags

Assuming we only get one center back in who do you play next to that player? To me you maybe give Holgate a shot but if it doesn't work it's definitely Jags

I would genuinely put someone like Besic at centre back before him. Honest to god.

Jagielka cannot be allowed to start one single game for us this season. It’s an absolute disgrace he’s still here.

I would genuinely put someone like Besic at centre back before him. Honest to god.

Jagielka cannot be allowed to start one single game for us this season. It’s an absolute disgrace he’s still here.
No way. I don't like it but that's the way it is. Unless Holgate can show something and being honest it shouldn't be hard but he hasn't done it in the past

Holgate every day of the week, then Connolly if Holgate is injured
Holgate has not played CB in a 4 man backline at a decent level. He should definitely get a chance since he can actually move quickly but it isn't guaranteed to work. Connolly isn't a CB and throwing him in would be a disaster

Holgate has not played CB in a 4 man backline at a decent level. He should definitely get a chance since he can actually move quickly but it isn't guaranteed to work. Connolly isn't a CB and throwing him in would be a disaster

He can't be any worse than Jags or Keane, so I say we go for it.

He played with Williams in a back 4 last season and done well. Connolly can play centre back, doubt it will ever happen though.
If you hadn't noticed playing keane and jagielka is already heading for a disaster

What a servant he has been for the club and 5 years ago was one of the best defenders in the prem. unfortunately now age has caught up with him and is now past it.

He played with Williams in a back 4 last season and done well. Connolly can play centre back, doubt it will ever happen though.
If you hadn't noticed playing keane and jagielka is already heading for a disaster
Oh believe me I've noticed. I looked up the games he started and there was a decent run in there although not always the strongest teams and we got thrashed by Spurs and United too. I would say the jury is still out for Holgate but the other lads the verdict has been handed down and they are terrible

Desperate today. Been a good player but liability now. Never been captain material, but it's now embarrassing for him and the players he's supposed to galvanise. Giving it to Seamus would make a statement that things have changed.

Tries his best and still has a football brain, but his legs are far too gone. Which is a problem when he's also constantly covering for Baines and Keane.

Status
Not open for further replies.