2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent when he came on. Well in Jags.

Yeh, it'll get overlooked but from the moment he came on, Chelsea hardly had a sniff.

They had one moment, where Morata peeled off Keane, but was miles offside (his pen appeal).

Good move by Silva and having Jags to come in a game like this really helped. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him involved in the squad for the derby, either.

..was thinking what a player he has been for this club. Fantastic. In the twilight of his career a new manager trusts the old fella to come on and do a job for his progressive team.

A top professional is Jagielka. I’ll remember him as one of the very good ones.

100%

Probably been our finest player in the premiership era.

His form in 08 was the best I have seen since the mid 80s from a centre half for us.
Time catches up with us all, but he has been a fine servent to this club.

Carrying a bit of timber I thought.

He was from the summer. Naturally, over the last few years, Jags seems to have piled weight (relatively) on in the summer (probably is just a lack of training more than not keeping himself on diets etc).

But once he's played a few games and been training for a few weeks, that weight has usually shifted. Given his injury, he won't have been training, and hasn't been playing, so the weight has probably stuck around.

My all time favourite player. The moment when he does this overhead clearance filled me with joy and proud.

Well done, my captain

Status
Not open for further replies.