Penalty taker

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
So, after Lukaku took last night's, who is now our penalty taker? I thought Martinez had said after the Mirallas fiasco that Baines is. Clearly, unless Lukaku did 'a Mirallas' on Baines last night, this isn't the case. So is Lukaku the new number one for penalties? is it whoever fancies it most?

Baines would get my vote always. I'm not a great lover of Lukaku's method. Too soft. The goalie only has to guess the right way and it's an easy save. In other words the goalie has a 50:50 chance of making the save. Not good.

So, after Lukaku took last night's, who is now our penalty taker? I thought Martinez had said after the Mirallas fiasco that Baines is. Clearly, unless Lukaku did 'a Mirallas' on Baines last night, this isn't the case. So is Lukaku the new number one for penalties? is it whoever fancies it most?

Baines would get my vote always. I'm not a great lover of Lukaku's method. Too soft. The goalie only has to guess the right way and it's an easy save. In other words the goalie has a 50:50 chance of making the save. Not good.
Wish I knew who is our pen taker,I always do Bainsy in my bet. We should be told, over to you Martinez.

I much prefer the technique of slowing down as you get to the ball, it works 99 times out of 100. Hazard is the best at it, Balotelli does it well too. That's the technique Lukaku has been going for recently and he hasn't missed one

Think its great to have two confident penalty takers. Whilst they are both on the pitch, Rom is the man of the moment imo

The more who want to take responsibility the better.

Obviously we're still in a cup competition and at one point or another we could need good confident penalty takers, I'm just glad we're getting them.

Despite Roms confidence of late, I'm never convinced by his pens. Both in the Europa League were very unconvincing, with the keeper getting a touch on each occasion. Yesterdays was slightly better in that he sent Krul the wrong way, but it was still a softly hit pen. Baines always has my vote, the Mirallas incident however seems to have affected him in a bad way.

Agree with @mikeh72 above - Hazard and Balotelli are possibly the best in the game at the minute. A seemingly fool proof technique where you wait until the last minute for the keeper to move before picking a side. Dunno if Rom can be as successful in that case.

But bottom line is, they are going in and thats all that counts. I think I just have a bit of a hangup about strikers taking pens - I blame Yakubu, his lazy saunter up to a penalty always had me worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.