Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rook

Player Valuation: £80m
Has Arteta ever missed one? Why isn't he our penalty taker now that he's back.

I pretty much knew Yak was going to miss it which actually didn't bother me that much because I really don't think it was a pen. He's supposed to be this great pen taker because he can hit the ball so hard however he doesn't seem to concentrate.

im sure Arteta has missed one somewhere.. Not to sure though..

Donovan used to be considerd boss at pens, but after that MLS title game :oops:

Donovan is good at penalties I think. Arteta can take them, however I think Yakubu is better at them just. Yak likes to hit them soft from what I remember, I think this stems from lethargy and laziness more than anything. I quite like it when Baines takes them as you know he is going to give it everything he has got.

Yak's penalty was so arrogant, i'm also dubious about the penalty though, i didn't think it looked like one from where i sit

Let Baines have them in future.At least he'll smash them old style like Stewart used to for Wet Sham.

That really should be the last penalty that the Yak takes for us. We've got a number of decent penalty takers in the team - Arteta, Baines, Saha.

Has Arteta ever missed one? Why isn't he our penalty taker now that he's back.

I pretty much knew Yak was going to miss it which actually didn't bother me that much because I really don't think it was a pen. He's supposed to be this great pen taker because he can hit the ball so hard however he doesn't seem to concentrate.

I remember him hitting one over the bar against Zenit but he scored a few since then. I'm sure he'll be back on them next time we get one. Yak's pens look great when they go in, but he looks like an idiot when he misses.

That really should be the last penalty that the Yak takes for us. We've got a number of decent penalty takers in the team - Arteta, Baines, Saha.

Saha has missed a couple for us. Baines hasn't taken enough to allow judgement, however I like his approach. I think Arteta should be first, then the Yak. Yakubu is still a good penalty taker, even if he failed yesterday. He still has a good ratio to show he can convert them.

Baines curls them in like a free kick, I didn't feel at all confident when Yakubu stepped up, if Baines did I'd have expected him to bend it into the top bin

I'm sure Baines would do well, but just watching him do it in a big game would hurt. He gets that nervous look on his face in which looks like he just witnessed a double homicide like before the England match. He's the only player who would need a sympathy hug after he converted a penalty.

Arteta should take them. Yakubu played well, but he was just never going to score yesterday.

Arteta has missed twice, against Luton and Zenit from what I remember. But his record is good, he converts them more often than not. I remember him scoring one for Rangers that basically sealed the League for them, big pressure on a young lad and he converted with ease.

Leighton Baines has yet to miss and his technique is excellent, Powerful but accurate. Yakubu and Saha should never take penalities, they are far too casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.