Pellegrini Vs Silva

More ilustrious gaffer

• Silva

• Pellegrini

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellegrini is nearly 70 odd and jibbed it all off for China which says to me you're done with Football and just want to retire comfortably, I don't remember his City team being that scary either despite winning the league. He also got interviewed before and I remember people saying he was uninspiring to the board? Silva all day over him.

I think we can all agree West Ham are a bunch of racist knuckle dragging cockney bells, that being said they've gone out and got themselves Pellegrini, while we struggle to put together a deal for an out of work ex Hull manager.

So who is the more illustrious manager?

You could swap in Pellegrini's name for Guardiola's when you're chatting all that guff about him in the world football thread. Can do a job with a load of money and all the best players. I'm no fan of Silva, but he's a bit closer to the sort of manager we should be looking at. Young, handsome and risky

Taking Pellegrini's achievements at city is pretty pointless, cos they are playing the league on a different level to the majority of teams. Winning the league with City doesn't automatically make you a great coach, actually his best achievement at City was getting them to the semi finals of the CL.

It's what he did with teams before and after them and Real Madrid, that is where the focus should be. I think I said this on another post here, that he had far more quality to work with at these teams too (Malaga and Villareal) than he he will likely be starting with at West Ham, so I can see it being a very tough job for him.

If it was my team, I would rather have been going after Silva than him. Silva may not be an 'illustrous' name in comparison to Pellegrini at this point, but he's a coach who's on an upward trajectory, whereas Pellegrini isn't in my mind.

Pellegrini is obviously the more 'illustrious manager' but there's no way I'd want him here. Apart from there being no long term aspect to him at all, coming off the back of a £16m a year contract in China makes me seriously question his ambition. Whilst Silva has had a seriously mixed spell in England, he was working for two of the most problematic clubs in the country with a loony owner at Hull and a very unstable Watford board.

I think he has a tremendous amount of desire to succeed at us as he'll know this job could very well be his last in this country if it doesn't go well.

Definitely Pellegrini but he's gone to West Ham for an easy time. 15th would satisfy them.
Silva would at least be under pressure to push us forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.