Pat Van den Hauwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Dean

Player Valuation: £70m
Was having an off topic conversation about him in another thread so thought I'd start his own thread. Probably the least heralded of our 85 team, so for me it was interesting to see/hear him on Howard's Way. Seems a very colourful character. I'll be ordering his autobiography. I just read Howard Kendall's foreword in the Amazon look inside thing and there are some funny anecdotes in there (good old Howard). Not sure if it's against the rules to post them in here.

Was having an off topic conversation about him in another thread so thought I'd start his own thread. Probably the least heralded of our 85 team, so for me it was interesting to see/hear him on Howard's Way. Seems a very colourful character. I'll be ordering his autobiography. I just read Howard Kendall's foreword in the Amazon look inside thing and there are some funny anecdotes in there (good old Howard). Not sure if it's against the rules to post them in here.

His book is the best of all of that side's.

Great player, played CB quite a bit and did it well.

He was solid, a good defender, read the game well, totally committed. He offered very little offensively.

Didn't really need to did he? Had Sheedy in front of him scoring 10+, Steven on the other side scoring 10+, striker's scoring 15+

Oh and he scored the goal to secure the title away at Norwich as well so that l wasn't too bad was it.

Played in the days when you could get smashed and still play high level football. Completely wasted his talent. Faux hard man.

Very few players got the better of him. Very good defender wasn’t as offensive as modern day fullbacks, but with Stevens on the other side being more offensive, we would have been exposed too much if he’d been the same. Interesting insight as to what he was like as a person in Howard’s Way. Complex character, but obviously loved the club, I’m wondering does he work for the club in some capacity, as in the film, he’s got a club tracksuit on the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.