Partnerships

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFUS

Anustart
Something key in football is partnerships between players. The classic example being the old Pienaar/Baines axis of sex.

These days I think with injuries, rotation, form and so on we don't have too many. Other than a (hopefully still in tact) CB pairing.

Barry/McCarthy springs to mind, but they haven't both been in form at the same time for a while. The one that brings a smile to my face though is Ross and Rom. When the two of them click it is just beautiful to watch. Each one seems as happy to assist the other as they are to score themselves.

So what have been your favourite Everton combos over the years? And what ones would you like to see develop further in the current setup?

i think the mccarthy/barry one showed how important they are defensively for us...there seemed to be so much space in midfield last night

and the jags/stones one is a big worry ...

Deulofeu and Lukaku looked good yesterday

Definitely, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a partnership of the same kind, as they weren't playing off of each other, rather Del was doing his thing (providing) and Rom was doing his (slotting). I'm nitpicking like, of course it's all subjective what it means. But hopefully you see my point. Either way I hope it continues!

Deulofeu and Coleman is what I would be thinking of. Hopefully they can forge the kind of partnership Lennon and Coleman had, where they cover for each other and work in tandem along the right flank.

Definitely, though I wouldn't necessarily call it a partnership of the same kind, as they weren't playing off of each other, rather Del was doing his thing (providing) and Rom was doing his (slotting). I'm nitpicking like, of course it's all subjective what it means. But hopefully you see my point. Either way I hope it continues!

Deulofeu and Coleman is what I would be thinking of. Hopefully they can forge the kind of partnership Lennon and Coleman had, where they cover for each other and work in tandem along the right flank.

Ah but a partnership[ involves one feeding off the other, Rom needs to decide if the balls going front post, high, low, back post, pull back, a one - two, and Deu needs to decide which Rom is anticipating, they were on a great wavelength yesterday, and not only did Rom get on the end of Gerrards passes, he linked and played some nice footie with him too.

I'd call it a partnership tbh

Think I did a thread similar for my first thread, great minds eh?

Of recent times I always enjoyed Arteta and Cahill, not in a traditional sense of playing next to each other, but enjoyed the whipped free kicks/corners (when he could take them) and Cahill usually being on the end of them.

Also think Barkley and Deulofeu link up well.

Lukaku and Mirallas also.

Ah but a partnership[ involves one feeding off the other, Rom needs to decide if the balls going front post, high, low, back post, pull back, a one - two, and Deu needs to decide which Rom is anticipating, they were on a great wavelength yesterday, and not only did Rom get on the end of Gerrards passes, he linked and played some nice footie with him too.

I'd call it a partnership tbh

Fair point!

The more of them we have, the better, anyway. Too often last season our players looked like strangers.

The sight of Gerry on the right and Kev on the left yesterday must have given you some optimism, though?
It did mate, and I think the luxury with them two is that you can swap them about.

It would be so much better if we were stronger defensively and they could just play their games.

Hinchcliffe and Limpar were dangerous when they got to play together, best dead ball player we've had in forever was Hinchcliffe.

Cadamatari and Ferguson promised so much too....

Status
Not open for further replies.