Match Thread Palace V Everton 13/4/16 KO 8pm

What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at that tonight - absolute garbage.

First half was as shapeless as it has ever been - Kone was farcically bad for the first 20 but did improve a bit.

McCarthy was awful and a nailed-on sending off; no idea why he came back out for the second half.

Oviedo was an odd sub in the context of him then sending on Mirallas at the death (again), but at least we improved a bit. That being said we were helped by pathetic efforts by Adebayor and Wickham.

How he can say that rubbish was 'incredible' is beyond me though; and quietest Everton away I've been at.

When asked about tonight's game he's not going to say "yeah we've got 2 point from 15"

I would have more respect for him if he had instead of trying to tell us that Everton getting a 0-0 against Crystal Palace is incredibly positive.
In fact I think I have lost any respect I might have had for him, not because of his clear inadequacies as a manager but for the garbage he has started to come out with after poor results.

Reactions: rbm
Well in lids .Battling performance with the best overall chances. We couldn't score if we played till Sunday. Pardew uses a dart boad to pick his subs. Good turnout from the Blue boys - could hear "Grand Old Team " from the back of the Upper Holmesdale.
I refer you to the thread starter who used the phrase " snide it out"
Hrrmmpffff :bye:
God help us if that is the Cup Finallol
The penalty shoot out will be epic mate.

Well, I thought they held up well with 10 men. Ross and FM had some moments and Baines and Barry were committed. After McCarthy went off (it looked accidental where I was) Barkley showed class putting in a good shift defending the penalty area.

Ref was up to his past standards. He famously carded Aguero for diving, but believed nearly every Palace player as they fell to the ground like leaves in Autumn. I am glad no blues dived.

Every time Rom went up he got a shove, and never complained. Not his best day, but he had that to contend with.

But RM has got them passing sideways so much they don't know how to go forward any more. And Baines needs to put in shots, not crosses all the time.

And a pretty quiet Everton end - but hard to sing with your stomach in your mouth, waiting for the dam to burst.

One point is better than none. And a pleasure to deflate Pardew.

I got in a little trouble for saying the game V Watford was effectively meaningless but it was in competitive terms and so was this one.

For weeks now the season has revolved round the semi-final. If we can beat Man U ( we can ) then everything changes and positivity will surge through the club from top to bottom. The prospect of being centre stage on the season's show piece game will brighten the skies.

If we lose there will have to be a reckoning.

Don't give up hope.

The stats you need to know
  • James McCarthy was shown his first Premier League red card in his 201st game in the competition.
  • Everton have now been shown 83 red cards in Premier League history - at least two more than any other side.
  • After 12 games without a clean sheet in 2016, Crystal Palace have now not conceded in their last two Premier League fixtures.
  • The Toffees have scored just one goal in their last four Premier League games.

The stats you need to know
  • James McCarthy was shown his first Premier League red card in his 201st game in the competition.
  • Everton have now been shown 83 red cards in Premier League history - at least two more than any other side.
  • After 12 games without a clean sheet in 2016, Crystal Palace have now not conceded in their last two Premier League fixtures.
  • The Toffees have scored just one goal in their last four Premier League games.
Goals have dried up like the Sahara for this beast of an attacking team..

Status
Not open for further replies.