Palace away

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegirl

Player Valuation: £15m
Dare I start a new thread about our next game....... Quite looking forward to a weekend without Everton ruining it!!

Anyway, never been to Selhurst Park before so am wondering what it's like and where the social is before?

Cheers.

Dare I start a new thread about our next game....... Quite looking forward to a weekend without Everton ruining it!!

Anyway, never been to Selhurst Park before so am wondering what it's like and where the social is before?

Cheers.
Not been to any pubs round there to be honest. Good atmosphere in ground, even though its a bit of ageing stadium. Oh, and its a pig of ground to get to traffic wise! It'll be worth it if we win though. I can't remember what winning is like anymore!!

That Arthur Waite stand,more archaic than anything at goodison,it's a nightmare to get to,I like that "glad all over"that they run out to though!

And another smaller one further down the road opposite post office I think. Loads in there too. Lots of good cafés etc on that road too.

Quite a few pubs on the walk from Thornton Heath, cant remember what any of them were called, but there were Blues hanging out of all of them last season.

Be aware the away end is not good! Especially if you're quite far back or in the end block towards the Whitehorse Lane End! I could barely see a thing last season! Looks like Ive got a better seat this year thankfully.

Last time I went down there was 71/72 in the cup ,2-2 draw Whittle and Harvey scored went down on the Blue Streak where they gave you a couple of cans on the train.Dont think I can help much with pubs near the ground they may have changed since then.
think I'd prefer to hear more about your adventures anyway mate

If you get off the train at Euston I think there is the possibility you could get the 68 bus straight to the ground. I lived around there most of my younger life, but not Croydon luckily (absolute cess pit). You may need to check it out but I used to get the 68 up to Euston to go to goodison so I think the chances are you still can get one back from Euston to south norward. Long old bus ride though possibly 1hr 20 mins. Ground is a bit of a dump but they have added to it at the supermarket end. We will have 3/4 of the Arthur waite stand normally. Beer expensive, food v expensive. chip shop opposite supermarket/Arthur waite corner of the ground.

Pit of a stadium, treated the disabled supporters disgracefully, if I remember correctly?

Half wooden seats, half olastic. Not in a nice area, but lots of away fan friendly pubs!

Status
Not open for further replies.