Pace, tempo and pressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyblue80

Player Valuation: £70m
I've noticed we lack these three things so far this season(I know its only three games but watching MOTD last night it struck me how turgid we are compared to others right now). Is It new players bedding in (I hope it will get better when Iwobi/Kean start)or new players not starting? Is it the low intensity preseason? Is it fitness?The loss of Zouma and Gana? At the end of last season we had this tempo, the pressing, the fast transitions. Now we look ponderous and slow in possession always going sideways compared to the better team's in the league. Why?

He doesn't help. That midfield is ponderous especially with Gomes off the pace too. Davies or Delph have to come in for me. We lack energy and drive in there, gutted about Gbamin being out.
You’re right. At the back end of last season both Gomes and Gueye went forward a lot more which helped put more pressure on the opposition defence. We need to start doing that again.

I’d love to see this team going forward ...that midfield is too sluggish get legs in there
9571582B-6BA4-4CEB-92CF-3E3DCDE7C237.jpeg

We never start the season well because our pre seasons arent fantastic in my opinion, every year we play catch up, used to take moyes til january ti wake them up
Agree we play average team's or nobodies if we are honest. Our highest quality preseason in recent times coincided with our fifth placed finish. Not the only reason as we had Rom but it has to be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.