Our World Class Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDuncis Blue

Player Valuation: £5m
....exactly, we do not have any. So we must trust that Carlo and Brands are already planning and negotiating to get better players in for next season. Probably at least 5/6. So lets just be realistic and hope (and pray) for a better next season

On his day Pickford can be. He can also be absolute garbage, but of late he's been more very good than very poor.

James on his day is as good as any playmaker in the Premier League.

Is Allan world class? He's a cracking player, but I don't think he's Kante level.

Richarlison thinks he is, but blatantly isn't.

Digne is a very decent left back. Wouldn't say he's world class though.

Godfrey? Got all the attributes but still a long way to go.

Other than that, the rest are way off.

World class players play for a very select few clubs (unless they are homegrown and even then they wind up leaving for one of said clubs).

Everton are not one of those clubs so I don’t expect us to be signing players of that level.

I’d be happy with top-half-PL class at this point but we can’t even do that constantly.

....exactly, we do not have any. So we must trust that Carlo and Brands are already planning and negotiating to get better players in for next season. Probably at least 5/6. So lets just be realistic and hope (and pray) for a better next season

5/6 ?
We need more than that!

If we had these so call world class players why will we finished about 9th or 10th so. We have a few good players alright but no world class players if we do that aren't playing for Everton this season.

What a pointless thread..... We are not at a stage as a club to have world class players. However in digne we have possibly the best left back in the league. In Allan one of the best defensive midfielders. In James one of the best playmakers. In dcl one of the best poachers in the league. Add to this Godfrey who has one of the biggest potential for a defender in the league. We've got some very good players. Give anchlotti another summer and I'll be very excited to see our squad.

We have zero world class players. Truly World class players do not play for Everton who haven't won a league in over 30 years, unless they are produced by our academy - see Wayne Rooney.

Next question....

World class means could get in any squad in the world. We obviously have no one in that class. I dont honestly understand the point of the thread, but I am still pretty mad!

We have James, who is world class but unfortunately he can't keep fit.

But we're a mid-table Premier League team. Full of cloggers, trying to chase the elite clubs.

However, you don't need world class players to push on. You need to be smart, and get things right consistently, which our DoFs, managers and players consistently haven't.

We have zero world class players. Truly World class players do not play for Everton who haven't won a league in over 30 years, unless they are produced by our academy - see Wayne Rooney.

Next question....
James has world class magic.

Just got calves made of chocolate.

Which is why he's here.

James has world class magic.

Just got calves made of chocolate.

Which is why he's here.

Hes a top player but certainly not world class by my definition.

Would he get in any squad in the world? No... he's not fit often enough. Hence he's at Everton and not Real Madrid. That's the reality. A good reality for us obviously, but we have become way too reliant on him despite his recurring injury issues.

I’d have taken every single one of Villa’s players tonight. Villa aren’t pulling up trees but they don’t need “world-class players” to put a plan and tactics into action. McGinn or Gomes? Cash or Seamus? Watkins or Richarlison? Mings or Holgate? Just finding a team-mate with a ten-yard pass every now and again would be a start. Big summer ahead.

Hes a top player but certainly not world class by my definition.

Would he get in any squad in the world? No... he's not fit often enough. Hence he's at Everton and not Real Madrid. That's the reality. A good reality for us obviously, but we have become way too reliant on him despite his recurring injury issues.

He'd definitely get in any squad. Would he get in any side? Probably not, yeah, but he's the one player we've got capable of 'world class' quality. Look at his goal v Leicester, or Palace. The touch and finish v Man Utd. No other player in our squad has that ability - nowhere near.

The fact that we're reliant on him is ultimately on the DoF and the coaching staff, too, for not finding another way to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.