Our top ten greatest ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal best 11 of those I've seen (1975 onward)

Southall
Stevens
Baines
Ratcliffe
Watson
Reid
Steven
Rooney
Latchford
McKenzie
Sheedy
I’ve been watching the blues for about the same time. I like your team, but I fancied the below 11 as the best I have seen:
Southall
Stevens
Ratcliffe
Distin
Baines
Kanchelskis
Reid
Rooney
Pienaar
Lineker
Beardsley

I can only comment on the one's I've seen.

Ino no particular order

1. Cahill
2.Sheedy
3. Steven
4. Southall
5. Baines
6.Kanchelkis
7.Lukaku
8. Arteta
9. Rooney
10. Beardsley

Tough call , but Reidy is well up there.
This is what I call the John McGovern factor.
Started off at Hartlepool, Clough took him with him from the 4th div, to the 2nd div, to the 1st div, to 1st division winner and European Cup winner.
There are certain players that once they get in any team, they have their niche, they do their job, they rise up to the level...however high it is - and never look out of place.
Like Dunga
Reid is one
Collins
Kendall

Many never get the chance

1:WR(Dixie)Dean
2:AlanBall
3:Neville Southall
4:Tommy Lawton
5:TG Jones
6:Brian Labone
7:Colin Harvey
8:Howard Kendall
9:Kevin Sheedy
10:Jack Sharp

Wow,bloody tough that,trying to look at the bigger picture and encompassing the history of the club, how the heck I have managed to leave out so many legends/greats though, you could make a case for so many,many more I was tempted to stick Reidy in place of Howard,maybe wrongly I was swayed by Howie managerial achievements on that one but how can you just include two thirds of our Holy Trinity,my old man would curse me too, no Golden Vision,No Ray Wilson too,doh what have I started herelol
Don't worry, the world is big enough for them all

My 11 for what it's worth

1. Southall
2. Tommy Wright
3. Ray Wilson
4. Howard Kendall
5. Brian Labone
6. Colin Harvey
7. Dave Thomas
8. Alan Ball
9. Bob Latchford
10. Greame Sharp
11. John Morrisey

There is a dearth of full backs & wingers in the above lists, apart from Baines & Wilson that's about right, I really don't believe Kanch or Thomas could lace the boots of our historic blues team as wingers. I assume that 11 means in team order, as surely it would be top 10 or 20? I've gone for the 2-3-5 system
to suit my players. I never saw Sagar, Dean, Lawton or TG Jones but I don't doubt that they were REAL.
Southall
Parker Wilson
Gabriel Labone Rooney
Ball Collins Young Vernon Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.