Our remaining games...

How many points will we get from our remains games...?

• 5-10 points. =. Poor

Votes: 90 62.9%
  • 11-15 points. = fair

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • 16-20 points. = good

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • 21 -25 points. = very good

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 25 - 30 points. = great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 30 -33. Points. =. Excellent

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As horrifically bad as it sounds.

I'd settle for anything over 40 atm.
I would be rapt if our lion-hearts could get to 40pts...what a season of success !!
Sadly, I doubt our lion-hearts can summon up the determination to get to 40...I think more-like 34 points might be attainable.

I’m expecting 33
probably a realistic target...I was hoping to maybe get a point against Burnley, but seeing them on the tear they're currently on, I fear we'll lose that game as well. 33 points might be enough to stay up...and keep Marco in his job (with luvvy Blue Bill probably giving him a contract extension)

This thread is asking if we can get enough more points to stay up, really. As bad as we are, all seven teams below us need to get more points than us - I've sacked Huddersfield and Fulham - and I think that's very unlikely.
Unlikely. But do-able

Palace Burnley and liec have or will pick up...

Cardiff have improved... If they beat us then its game on.

Southampton have shown flashes of good stuff. I've just watched the highlights of their 2 nil loss to arsenal... They should easily of had a draw. They create chance after chance.

Our remaining games should be approached with ‘Dogs of War’ attitude! We need absolute snides all over the pitch getting in the refs face, screaming at team mates.

Unfortunately I don’t see any player (maybe McCarthy an exception) who can do this..

I've got us down for only 6 pts (with a defeat tonight and our next two games). Nevertheless even with such a poor return, for us to then go down (with 39 pts) would require both Southampton and Cardiff to win more points in their remaining 11 games than they have won in any 11 consecutive-games spell so far this season and Newcastle and Brighton to get more points per game from their matches than they have achieved so far. Room for optimism.

I've got us down for only 6 pts (with a defeat tonight and our next two games). Nevertheless even with such a poor return, for us to then go down (with 39 pts) would require both Southampton and Cardiff to win more points in their remaining 11 games than they have won in any 11 consecutive-games spell so far this season and Newcastle and Brighton to get more points per game from their matches than they have achieved so far. Room for optimism.
Superb. What a manager.

I expected us to only get 1 more point, but the Cardiff result has made me do a 180. I now think we'll get 20 points and will be in Europe next season. The post AGM feeling of euphoria is back!!

More than likely we will end on a pathetic 46 points.

However, win Sunday and that could change things as the whole feeling around the club and among the players will be completely different. Could see us pushing on and getting about 14 from our final 27 (4W, 2D, 3L) if we win Sunday which would result in 53 points and a respectable end to the season.

I don't for one minute buy into the "Derby ruined our season" bs. However, a win on Sunday could definitely give us some momentum for the final few games. We're as safe as houses now, I don't think that was ever in doubt tbh. We're due one against that lot and now is the time to do it. Screw them over like they've done us so many times and give us a little bit of a boost for some tough games ahead. I'm one of the idiots who said we'd get 16-20 points btw, so I wouldn't pay me too much attention.

Wolves and Watford 7 points ahead

Wolves next play Chelsea

Watford next play Man City

Essentially a win today would take us into 4 points behind them with us playing Newcastle next weekend. A win there and those two dropping points would have us 1-2 points off 7th.

Now realistically I'll be shocked if we pick up more than 3 points from these next 2 but we really could do with a win here today to keep the confidence going and hopefully try sneak 7th.

Very unlikely and more chance of finishing 11th but you have to hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.