Votes: 31 5.8%
  • Pellegrino Matarazzo

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Cheese on scotch egg

Votes: 144 26.8%

• Total voters
I dont know enough about stuttgart or girona but emery walked into a pretty decent squad. Gerrard was just showing he was an awful manager. Emery wouldnt have done the same at Everton. The players just aren't here.
Stuttgart were atrocious but had a striker (Guirassi) that could score goals last year - he scored 10 goals in 20something games while on loan. Their manager who did very poorly was fired around this time last year and the current guy (Sebastian Hoeness, ex-Hoffenheim, left 2022) had about 8 games and he won all but 1 to secure the relegation playoffs.

Basically a similar situation to ours with the Saviour Sean Dyche.

Sold Endo (to the RS) and Mavropanos (WHam), Sosa (Ajax) for about 50m altogether, who were their best players, bought Guirassi for 9m and loaned Undav from Brighton and a bunch of other what we would no doubt call "nobodies", that worked for the manager's ideas and gameplan, for about ~20m for all of them.

Guirassi is on more than a goal per game (25 scored in 22 games), Undav has 15 goals in 25 games, the rest just feed them, they score, currently are 3rd in the Bundesliga.

But we could only get Sean Dyche to save us and progress onwards, as no one in Europe can do this kind of thing.

3E7AF291-48A0-40A2-A53B-484168CA1F5E.jpeg

You looking for a good old-fashioned manager again lads?

I’m a right Slapper!

I'd take 3 seasons of almost guaranteed success and build from there personally lol

We're not getting Jose unless we enter an alternate universe anyway, but it's a fun thought experiment at least.
This. All day. Winning piss-all for 30 years and then a couple of trophies in a few seasons? Fair trade that. Who cares if he upsets people? He's there to win, not to make friends.

Stuttgart were atrocious but had a striker (Guirassi) that could score goals last year - he scored 10 goals in 20something games while on loan. Their manager who did very poorly was fired around this time last year and the current guy (Sebastian Hoeness, ex-Hoffenheim, left 2022) had about 8 games and he won all but 1 to secure the relegation playoffs.

Sold Endo (to the RS) and Mavropanos (WHam), Sosa (Ajax) for about 50m altogether, who were their best players, bought Guirassi for 9m and loaned Undav from Brighton and a bunch of other what we would no doubt call "nobodies", that worked for the manager's ideas and gameplan, for about ~20m for all of them.

Guirassi is on more than a goal per game (25 scored in 22 games), Undav has 15 goals in 25 games, the rest just feed them, they score, currently are 3rd in the Bundesliga.

But we could only get Sean Dyche to save us and progress onwards, as no one in Europe can do this kind of thing.

im not going to dispute that as i know very little of the bundesliga. But are we not cherry picking the clubs who have done well in the past 18 months or so. Will there not be a long list of those who havent. I mean forget dyche for a second. I look at this Everton squad and i see nothing. I could be wrong but i see nothing there for any manager. It lacks so much in creativity and talent. I even think gary oneil walked into a far better squad at wolves.
Im not a fan of dyche. I just think Everton are packed full of really average at best players. We've got to be up there as the worst recruitment club you could find.

im not going to dispute that as i know very little of the bundesliga. But are we not cherry picking the clubs who have done well in the past 18 months or so. Will there not be a long list of those who havent. I mean forget dyche for a second. I look at this Everton squad and i see nothing. I could be wrong but i see nothing there for any manager. It lacks so much in creativity and talent. I even think gary oneil walked into a far better squad at wolves.
Im not a fan of dyche. I just think Everton are packed full of really average at best players. We've got to be up there as the worst recruitment club you could find.
It was an example of a similar, if not worse, situation is what I mean - guy with little to no experience but a plan to work. He comes from a smaller team too, used to be a midtable manager kind of person.

Average PL players, yes, absolutely for the most part. An average manager has us fighting for 16th every year, a good manager has us at least mid table with the average footballers we have.

To add, the squad had a lot of key players out and injured over the season. You pretty much described it, and Hoeness was the 3rd manager that took charge that season. It was Pellegrino Matterazzo first, that got sacked after 3 seasons in October. They played pretty good football under him. They got Bruno Labbadia, basically the German Warnock, to save them, he couldn't improve the results, but they were not playing like a relegation team under any of them.

Getting Hoeness was a risky move in that situation, he did solid with Hoffenheim, but not more than mid-table, they qualified for Europe under Nagelsmann before. He won the 3rd German league with Bayern Munich 2, basically their U23 team. He is the nephew of Uli Hoeness, the long term sports director and president of Bayern. They had 5 points difference to the save zone.

It's a bit overshadowed by the Leverkusen season, which is incredible, but less surprising for me than the Stuttgart one. Leverkusen a team that played CL/EL the majority of seasons, and Stuttgart that played around relegation or even 2nd league in the last decade.

Players like Mittelstädt (he started in the national team vs France as a left back) came from the relegated team Hertha BSC, I was told he was terrible last season for them, now he's one of the best full backs in the league.

But that's how it is. Teams like them or Villa need to confirm the success first.

For me Wolves have a better attacking squad. One of the differences of last season is a fit Pedro Neto. Incredible player, but also an injury prone as he is injured now again for a few months. Without that he would probably be ready for a Top 6 club.

I say the attacking area is the biggest point to improve, our best two creative players with Dele and Gomes are out in the majority of time, paciest winger is Danjuma and probably the only one that could possibly go in to a 1vs1 like Garnacho did against us to force that mistake.

On the other hand, I think there is more to get out of the current squad in the attack than under Dyche atm.

and why would he leave wolves for a broken club ffs

That’s why I said not next season and if we’re still a prem team the season after that.

New stadium, increase in revenues, ownership resolved. Ergo more attractive than Wolverhampton Wanderers

That said, I think we’re going down this season 😂