Our most important ever signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubey

Allardyce Out
Just seen that Kevin Campbell mobbing video in the excellent GOT video section, proper brilliant stuff.

Got me thinking though, who was our most important ever signing? For me, it probably was Kev, as I think we were down and out that season if he didn't arrive, as we were as bad as bad can be, but it may be because I'm not thinking properly as his name was the first to pop into my head.

Any others who match his importance?

[MOD EDIT] VIDEO (Login required): https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/...ore-feb-15-derby-on-goodison-road-youtube.20/

I really thought Andy Van Der Meyde was a signing that would put us up there.

£2.5m seemed such a bargain at the time.

Obviously it went badly badly tits up.

Campbell was an immense sighning as mentioned.

Marcus Bent fit that system of one up top arguably better than anyone we've ever had, despite not being that good at football.

Kev campbell

Also thought Donovan turned our season around in his second spell, that first half of the season was easily the most dire team ive seen in decades and he came in got a few assists and added some creativity and we completely turned the season around

In the premier league era?

Probably Lukaku. No joke. It's a signing that sent out a message of intent and progress.
Things haven't gone according to plan thus far, but we will turn a corner.

If you were asked this question at the start of the season, I think more people would be blowing his trumpet. So to speak.

In the premier league era?

Probably Lukaku. No joke. It's a signing that sent out a message of intent and progress.
Things haven't gone according to plan thus far, but we will turn a corner.

If you were asked this question at the start of the season, I think more people would be blowing his trumpet. So to speak.

I think it's safe to say it's more of a trombone than trumpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.