Our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Or should I say "what midfield"?with the exception of young Gordon who is showing great promise,this is the area in my opinion that requires a total overhaul,we are so lacking in the basics required in this department,no energy,no ball winners,no lock pickers,so very,very slow and one paced,Gomes has shown in patches prior to his horrific injury there is a player there,i wasn't expecting him back at this time so the jury is out on him,but he will have to improve massively next season if he is to maintain a starting place,the rest?all of them may give you a performance one in every seven or eight games if you are lucky,that is nowhere near what Ancelotti or ourselves would expect,the whole unit is dire and needs shipping out if possible,i would hope this will be addressed as a priority in the coming window.

Last week...
pos.gif

This week...
tenor.gif

Things appear to be moving in a positive direction with the type of players Carlo Ancelotti has brought to the club. I'm expecting to see a higher level of commitment and energy from our midfield that we've not witnessed for a long time. There have been enough false dawns over the years at Everton, so fingers crossed that the players can settle in quickly and start pushing us forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.