Our midfield far too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
A result like the one at the weekend was going to come around sooner or later. We were completely overrun in midfield but, as others have said, Ancelotti knows this and is on the record as saying we need an "energetic" midfielder. We just need to get this dreadful season over with and hope Carlo is given what he asks for in the summer. If he isn't he won't be here long.

While we have had a cobbled together midfield for the whole for the season. The difficulty yesterday was tactical in my opinion 3 central midfielders Vs two. They played with either two anchored or two advanced with one anchor, it gave our two the dilemma of sticking or twisting. Simply put Lampard out thought Carlo yesterday and sprung the 4-4-2 trap.

AndUOTE="Joey66, post: 7705717, member: 1486"]
Apart from both full backs not performing it was obvious that our midfield was so much slower than Chelsea's - Sig is the slowest Gomes not match fit - Tom Davies on his own ran ragged, and we have not yet replaced Ross Barkley type midfielder or Gana the defensive midfielder in the one we sold last summer ......
We have spent millions without cover its been our main problem all season imo - the front two have done their job usually scoring -I cannot see it getting any better we have also players at the wrong age Walcott 31 Sig 29 - we ended up playing the Chelsea youth set up, and even with a bench that looked good - we cannot gel also why did Baines deserved to be dropped imo he is faster than most playing in midfield and has a good shot on him - v good teams we will not beat a top six side with this set up as it is so slow in the engine room - I know we have had bad injuries, but with the money spent the loaning out of youth players who are faster and particularly at RB is Sidibe really better than John Jo Kenny?
Using that logic this falls on Brands imo as the last Manager paid the price......
I feel we will struggle to hold onto mid table - Carlo needs to get a grip of the summer budget and needs a chainsaw to get rid of deadwood imo -Nothing but the best will do.....
[/QUOTE]
And there's your problem Joey, getting the deadwood to move on,and teams dumb enough to take them.

Status
Not open for further replies.