Our finances in the Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wat Tyler

Player Valuation: £70m
How bad will it be?

Will we sell players and be ok? Or are we a ticking timebomb that will go into administration? Genuine question, I don’t know how bad it will be, are we going to be in financial meltdown? Surely it will affect the ground.

We'd lose some of the top earners to other clubs. Some of our other top earners are leaving at the end of the season anyhow, which may help if we go down. Some players may have contracts with a relegation clause, but who knows. We would have a big wage bill relatively for the Championship, but so have some other clubs in that league. Then there's the new stadium plans... What a mess.

We should have got moyes back when we had the chance. The majority of fans didn't want him (I wanted him back) and now can enjoy championship football for the foreseeable future. Possibly league one, possible administration
It’s tough at the moment, but hopefully we can still enjoy some of the games we still have in the premier league! Imo it’s 50/50 that we stay there, we aren’t down yet! COYB!

I think its gonna be tough, I believe you get 55% of the premier league broadcast revenue that you would have gotten, so thats roughly £50m? Then 45% in the second year

So straight away thats a £50m deficit gone, now we have had to cut ties with Usmanov related businesses, thats lost revenue of which I don't have a figure

New sponsors aren't going to pay anywhere near the same, especially in the championship, a lot of our high earners will need to be sold, EFL restrictions are even more strict than Premier League

Loss of PL payments
Sponsorship deals probably being renegotiated
So called high value assets will be sold below market value
And players we can’t shift (Townsend, Rondon, Keane, Coleman, Iwobi etc) will be entitled to full salary

I can not even think about the stadium or possible impact on that. Whether we go down or stay up, I think our main assets will leave. There will need to be some balancing the books and also rebuilding the squad. If we can get over £150m for Richarlison, Alli, Godfrey, Iwobi, Pickford, Mina, Doucoure and Calvert Lewin, we can then use some of that to add 10-12 new signings and some youngsters to replace them, as well as the players out of contract like Van De Beek, Delph, Sigurdsson, El Ghazi, Kenny, Tosun and Begovic.

We will do very well to build a side capable of staying up / chasing promotion in our first season in the Championship on £80m. With drops in TV revenue, sponsorship revenue, advertising revenue, matchday revenue, the club will need to keep finances very tight for another year or two.

Last edited:

basically we will have to sell all the high earner to make up the 45% lost revenue from broadcast revenue

i think our broadcast revenue is 115 mil so if we only receive 55% of that next season which is £63.25 mil then we need to make up £51.75 mil from lost broadcasting revenue alone

so the sale of richy and dcl would cover that

then we would need to shift the high earners off to reduce the wage bill

we then have to develop the team around youth players like gordon, simms, branthwaite, onyango, patterson and dobbin and keep a few experienced heads prepared to take us back up like davies, rondon, begovic, gray, townsend and alli

can't see the likes of pickford, allan, iwobi, gomes or doucoure wanting to stay and fight in the championship

Status
Not open for further replies.