Our Academy is a Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzr45

#MURDERINGSCUM
Couldn’t see a similar thread, apologies if there is one.

Our academy is only capable of producing Championship standard players and hasn’t produced a striker since Victor Anichebe.

Players that have gone on from our academy system have found their way back to the premiership, but we never were seemingly able to ‘finish’ them.

What are your thoughts?

Our academy is only capable of producing Championship standard players and hasn’t produced a striker since Victor Anichebe.

Players that have gone on from our academy system have found their way back to the premiership, but we never were seemingly able to ‘finish’ them.

What are your thoughts?

You chat a load of tosh.

What are your thoughts?
World cup winners aren't that bad a standard.

What are your thoughts?

When was the last time you brought someone through though?

Gerrard? Owen?

Hardly booming over there at Kopite-Central is it?

Yes because there are teams full of academy graduates throughout the league. We have enough ammo at the minute without dragging the kids in.

No, but not many are. It's not a new thing, neither can you put it all down to overseas Imports.
We had how many in the world cup winners a few months ago - you can only be the best in your Country, you can only beat what's put in front of you.

What more can they do other than win the league mate?

And how bad must everyone else's be?

Bit weird this mate.
Winning the league means nothing. A championship club would win that league too.

You don't need 11 championship quality players coming out of the academy. You need one or two who will go on to be top players.

While I think the original point is harsh I think he does have a point. I also don't think players improve when they are with us. Look at Lukaku. His hold up play for Utd is better already for them than it was ever for us. Stones has improved. Deulofeu has improved at Barca. I have no doubt Poch and Spurs will turn Barkley into England's best midfielder.

Do our coaches have the right skills to coach top players or are they more used to coaching a team that plays more direct.

I know Martinez tried to change it but I have no idea what the situation is now he's gone.

Winning the league means nothing. A championship club would win that league too.

You don't need 11 championship quality players coming out of the academy. You need one or two who will go on to be top players.

While I think the original point is harsh I think he does have a point. I also don't think players improve when they are with us. Look at Lukaku. His hold up play for Utd is better already for them than it was ever for us. Stones has improved. Deulofeu has improved at Barca. I have no doubt Poch and Spurs will turn Barkley into England's best midfielder.

Do our coaches have the right skills to coach top players or are they more used to coaching a team that plays more direct.

I know Martinez tried to change it but I have no idea what the situation is now he's gone.

Rom plays up front with Martial and/or Rashford, whereas when he played for us he played up front by himself (or with Kone).

Stones looked better for us than he ever has for City.

Deulofeu looks better because he is actually playing games, not benched / not picked as he was under Martinez and Koeman.

If Barkley goes to Spurs then he will not get in their side unless Alli is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.