2017/18 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman has stated himself that players can sometimes take as long as 12 months to adjust to the Premiership. Niasse has now had this and scored a couple of goals (4) for Hull. His Wikipedia profile states "He is known for his pace, strength and high work rate." doesn't that sound like exactly what we need now?

Call me old-fashioned but I prefer to judge a player from watching him play rather than what Wikipedia says he's good at

Call me old-fashioned but I prefer to judge a player from watching him play rather than what Wikipedia says he's good at
I agree, I was just saying his style in 'theory' fits what we need and he has scored more Premier League Goals than Sandro and DCL combined. For Hull he scored 4 goals in 17 appearances, DCL has 11 appearances last season (1 goal) and 3 this season (0 goals), Sandro has 3 appearances (0 goals).

I agree, I was just saying his style in 'theory' fits what we need and he has scored more Premier League Goals than Sandro and DCL combined. For Hull he scored 4 goals in 17 appearances, DCL has 11 appearances last season (1 goal) and 3 this season (0 goals), Sandro has 3 appearances (0 goals).

..if he plays he will need DCL alongside to be seen to best effect. I doubt he'll be an effective lone striker, he needs somebody to play off. Put the ball in space behind the back four and he can run after it but with his back to goal the ball will keep coming back.

You going tonight C? Having a few cashflow issues so ive sadly had to swerve a few games, hopefully he starts and I can get a stream, I could do with a proper laugh.

Sadly, yes. Was considering swerving but our kid wants to go so we go, yenno.

Just gonna watch CS:GO on Twitch instead of the game. I'll celebrate any goals/shots on target.

What I will say is that I don't have any problem with Niasse getting 20 or 30 mins or so in a game like tonight by virtue of the fact that we need to spread mins around and we're not blessed with lots of strikers - if (by some miracle) he does well, then he will have "deserved" a further chance.

But to start the game I'd much rather let Sandro try and play himself into form, for example, than give mins to a guy who has looked leagues out of his depth when he's had chances so far.

..if he plays he will need DCL alongside to be seen to best effect. I doubt he'll be an effective lone striker, he needs somebody to play off. Put the ball in space behind the back four and he can run after it but with his back to goal the ball will keep coming back.

Whoever starts up front tonight has to have a partner, if we start playing one up front at home against teams as poor as Sunderland, then there is simply no hope for us at all! Lets have a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.