2019/20 Oumar Niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice to see Oumar getting some playing time against the Hammers. Thought he gave a decent enough account of himself and made a few simple but effective passes during the game. Don't understand why he's being slated for his performance, to be honest; the guy's played something like one or two minutes football this season, so not sure what more people were expecting from him.

We are awful...

The people acting like it was an abomination of a performance today are just bizarre. He was no worse (or better to be fair) than anyone else who played.
I think when any player has shortcomings, especially if, hand on heart, they ought to be replaced by better, people get frustrated every time they play and demonstrate their failings as a player. Consequently, people get more and more so that they exaggerate the bad bits and become blind to any good bits.

Niasse will always run around a lot whether we're in possession or not, and sometimes score or set something up through his effort. That alone is more productive than some 'better' players. I don't think anybody argues that he's really good enough for where we are now, and he's certainly not good enough for where we aspire to be. There are still times when he is our best option, given the players currently available, especially late on and coming off the bench. No point in repeatedly having a go at the bloke. Better putting a rocket up Brands' posterior for not sorting a replacement.

Some people in this thread...

Slating a 19 year old kid but will give this generations Ali Dia all the good will in the world. Gash footballer and this work rate is a myth. Gets the occasional goal by luckily being in the right place. The fact this chancers takes 60 grand a week is an absolute abomination and i cant wait to see the back of him.

Some people in this thread...

Slating a 19 year old kid but will give this generations Ali Dia all the good will in the world. Gash footballer and this work rate is a myth. Gets the occasional goal by luckily being in the right place. The fact this chancers takes 60 grand a week is an absolute abomination and i cant wait to see the back of him.

You've also nailed DCL there mate.

A pop gun attack.

This was probably the start of our abysmal recruitment strategy. £14m for this bloke. What´s that in today´s transfer market, around £30m? Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.