Osman up front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeestillidie

Player Valuation: £35m
He's arguably one of our best shooters, particularly after his work at the beginning of last season, i thought he'd make a great striker. as we're particularly threadbare now, would it be worth a try?

Can't see it myself. He is needed to much in the middle of the park. Cahill needs to kickstart himself and we will see 4-5-1 both home and away it may be our best formation anyway.

He's arguably one of our best shooters, particularly after his work at the beginning of last season, i thought he'd make a great striker. as we're particularly threadbare now, would it be worth a try?

Good suggestion. I'd also consider Lescott, he seems a more natural finisher and has better positioning around the box than Osman. Osman tends to score goals by being light on his feet or just sheer power from distance.
We played Osman as a striker at the start of last season I think and he did look dangerous and caused a few problems. I thought he was a bit like Johnson but without the pace.

Moyes really though should keep the team he put out against Spurs and just blood some of the young lads up front. Nothing to lose and if it is not working then try and fit some oddly shaped pegs in not very fitting holes.

Good suggestion. I'd also consider Lescott, he seems a more natural finisher and has better positioning around the box than Osman. Osman tends to score goals by being light on his feet or just sheer power from distance.
We played Osman as a striker at the start of last season I think and he did look dangerous and caused a few problems. I thought he was a bit like Johnson but without the pace.

Moyes really though should keep the team he put out against Spurs and just blood some of the young lads up front. Nothing to lose and if it is not working then try and fit some oddly shaped pegs in not very fitting holes.

Great shout, has a good eye for goal, presence, and gives Baines the chance he needs and will therfore prevent us losing him in Jan.

Nope nope and nope.

Id be looking to offload him come Transfer time.

Im so over Osman right now.

He's played as a second striker quite a few times. He did at the start of the season against West Brom and Blackburn.

Doesn't really suit him but he can do a job there.

Osman upfront? Not sure really. He is a bit physically lightweight for me. He could play behind a lone striker feeding off knock downs from Anichebe/Saha but against big strong defenders in the Premier League, i feel he would struggle.

If this thread had been put on in April, I would have said it was an April Fool joke. Don't make me laugh, Osman a striker. What next try Howard because he is tall!!

McBain is right, time to get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.