Onward Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayee

Player Valuation: £40m
Don't let your pride be moved!

I'm a bit disheartened with the posts of late!
We were awful against West Brom yet we should have beaten Chelsea!
Yesterday, we didn't play that bad. We kept the ball pretty well, we passed well, we got forward well, we just lacked the cutting edge!
Its all well and good criticising the lads but who here could honestly do better infront of 30,000+ expecting the worst!
You are naïve if you think your negativity doesn't rub off on the team and staff - ranging from the crowd at the games to posts on forums such as these. You're fools to think that no player or person linked to the club reads grand old team (and kipper etc...)
We are miles ahead of the team that Moyes inherited - look back ten years to the gloomy days of Walter Smith, go back 13 when we nearly went down due partly to a massive drink culture within the club. Look back to the 90's when our only notable moments were staying after very fortunately beating wimbledon and the aforementioned coventry game. And the FA cup success of '95 but bringing Big Joe back won't solve anything.
Would you rather have Moyes or Mike Walker? Fellaini or Scott Gemmill? Cheer up fellas (and girls) and get behind the team!
Would you rather have Peter Johnson in charge? Should we have left the Park End as it was? Let's face it, we've got it pretty good; a chairman who supports his manager (would you rather a Mike Ashley who sacks Hughton months after promotion and sat in 11th??) Would you like a chairman like Ken Bates who bankrupts clubs then buys them back for a pound?
Let's not forget who we are, we are Evertonians - the best fans in the world; but right now we're living upto our Bitter Blue nickname!
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum; applies to the fans also!

Yesterday, we didn't play that bad. We kept the ball pretty well, we passed well, we got forward well, we just lacked the cutting edge!
Its all well and good criticising the lads but who here could honestly do better infront of 30,000+ expecting the worst!
You are naïve if you think your negativity doesn't rub off on the team and staff - ranging from the crowd at the games to posts on forums such as these. You're fools to think that no player or person linked to the club reads grand old team (and kipper etc...)
We are miles ahead of the team that Moyes inherited - look back ten years to the gloomy days of Walter Smith, go back 13 when we nearly went down due partly to a massive drink culture within the club. Look back to the 90's when our only notable moments were staying after very fortunately beating wimbledon and the aforementioned coventry game. And the FA cup success of '95 but bringing Big Joe back won't solve anything.
Would you rather have Moyes or Mike Walker? Fellaini or Scott Gemmill? Cheer up fellas (and girls) and get behind the team!
Would you rather have Peter Johnson in charge? Should we have left the Park End as it was? Let's face it, we've got it pretty good; a chairman who supports his manager (would you rather a Mike Ashley who sacks Hughton months after promotion and sat in 11th??) Would you like a chairman like Ken Bates who bankrupts clubs then buys them back for a pound?
Let's not forget who we are, we are Evertonians - the best fans in the world; but right now we're living upto our Bitter Blue nickname!

[video=youtube;2pk73fDVAhE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pk73fDVAhE[/video]

Mike Walker gets a hard deal from people around here.

Due to his notable achievements at a relatively small club such as Norwich, Walker was felt by many commentators at this time to be one of the most promising new managers in English football, and he was praised for the positive, attack-minded passing game played by his Norwich side.

How we could do with him now.

Lady G.O.T. - IN DA' HOWWWWSSSSE !!!

Get the Whip out , Hay' ,..

( BUT NOT for Leader / Goat / Lao / BBimv/ RFUS ,....)

Well said Hayee, lets hope they listen to you, somehow i doubt some will tho, i think some of them even enjoy it xx

Im in defo, though i understand peoples frustration, i think despite results Davey hasnt changed a lot bar personal here and there, im frustrated but have sense, given our results rather then blameing things on our strikers i think he needs to look at mixing it up a little bit and getting the most out other players in our teams strengths rather then perservenring with waht now has become a benign and predictable system.

It would hearten me, even if we tried soemthing different and lost.

I keep on saying damn if we could just finish this would be one of my favorite Everton squads. Its frustrating because even for a smaller club like ours, this year the LEAGUE not just the top 4 was there for the taking and we're probably only 1 player away.

You're not allowed to bring that up though. Only the 8o's when we were ace. The "Moyes Out" brigade will have none of that.

You're not allowed to bring that up though. Only the 8o's when we were ace. The "Moyes Out" brigade will have none of that.

I think that's what makes it so frustrating and upsetting mate, that we could be so much more.
It's even more upsetting being nearly there than just being plain old [Poor language removed] imo.
The relegation scraps were entertaining but I certainly wouldn't wanna go back there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.