One in, One Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £35m
Is it just me or is the signing of a midfielder, Darron Gibson, paves the way for someone else to leave?

Perhaps I am being cynical, but Rodwell has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United since last season, both need to make a signing or two to keep up with City
And this morning I have seen reports that QPR want Tim Cahill.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2012/01/up-the-rs-for-cahill/

I would'nt be happy with either sale, as Moyes probably wont get the cast to reinvest. But we do have a number of midfielders, who want to play in the middle and we probably need cover in central defence and a striker who will start every week

Personally if we got £20-25 million for Rods and Moyes got £10 mil to spend, then I'll be quite happy - Rodwell is highly over-rated in my opinion and certainly hasn't got the potential that Ross Barkley has.

Meanwhile I wouldn't be happy if Cahill left, but people of this board can't complain - many have been saying time and time again that his time is up.

Personally if we got £20-25 million for Rods and Moyes got £10 mil to spend, then I'll be quite happy - Rodwell is highly over-rated in my opinion and certainly hasn't got the potential that Ross Barkley has.

Meanwhile I wouldn't be happy if Cahill left, but people of this board can't complain - many have been saying time and time again that his time is up.

Be lucky to get £15m. Aka, buttons to spend. Just like the £15m we got in the summer. It'll go to the banks.

It seems that Gibson has signed as a squad player, surely Fellaini and Rodwell would be the first choice central pairing.

Unless of course someone is off. You wouldn't know with the way the last few transfer windows have turned out for us.

More importantly we need to get a decent striker in sometime in the next 3 weeks.

This, but like Paulbefc says, we'd be lucky to get £15m for Rodders. And with how things are going, his form, age, picking up more injuries here and there, i'd cash in on Cahill and let him go get a good last pay day down at QPR. We've seen the best of him and had him for his best days and now that the goals have dried up and he's knocking on, he doesnt really offer us anything anymore IMO. He's not even that good technically so he could adjust his game, like for instance Scholes did at United, and become a deep lying ball playing midfielder.

Bily could be one that could and should be sold aswell, but where would that money go?!.

There's just one flaw in that logic...

Moyes getting £2million never mind £10million from Kentight and his fellow board members.

Players are always linked away from the club during January.
Good players are always linked with big sides by lazy journalists.

Inevitably we will sell someone, however there's nothing to say it will be immediately.
We have to sell to maintain stability whilst we're in such a bad financial position.

Until you see a quote directly attributed to Moyes saying someone is off, or from another manager saying we've bid for so and so. It's all speculation.

Stop fretting...it's certainly not worth opening a new thread over.

Status
Not open for further replies.