One for the older boys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Terry Curran brilliant on loan signed him average! People forget he would have played in final only injured , Sharp wouldn’t have played (sub in programme too)
The semi final at Arsenal v Southampton Terry Curran was brilliant I seem to remember, got a ticket outside Highbury aaaahh happy days

Does anyone remember a 84-85 League cup match against Grimsby. We absolutely battered them for 89 minutes, couldn't score. They got a free kick and Paul Wilkinson headed it in and they went through. It was that much of an injustice, Kendall just went out and bought him, I think for £250,000. He didn't play much but think he got the winner in the Derby end of the season

Does anyone remember a 84-85 League cup match against Grimsby. We absolutely battered them for 89 minutes, couldn't score. They got a free kick and Paul Wilkinson headed it in and they went through. It was that much of an injustice, Kendall just went out and bought him, I think for £250,000. He didn't play much but think he got the winner in the Derby end of the season
That game is burned on to my memory. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more one sided competitive game. They didn’t get out of their own half for most of the game, I think in the second half the only time they entered our half was when they scored.
I remember punching the barrier with sheer frustration when their goal went in, it hurt.
Wilkinson was decent for us though.

What an unforgettable year 1985 was. Lost my virginity that year too.
I lost my virginity again in 1987 but haven't lost it since.

I tell you something how would players from any era from the muddy sloppy conditions, most teams had the reserves playing at home while they were playing away in those day - they also had to play on with a heavier ball todays game were the pitches are like wembley and they are playing with a glorified Frido football - below a kids ball Frido -a 1970s ball and a pre war ball

I was chatting yesterday to a mate of mine who met him recently in the US. He was coaching my mate's son. He said he remembered his Derby goal vividly. Shocking that was the last derby double we did over them. Come on Marco, heal our pain!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.