One for the older boys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different now agents film star wages - no loyalty......money is the common denominator sorry to say........
I’d forgotten we’d spent so much (relatively speaking) on Bracewell! I keep saying to the impatient, ‘I want it now’ brigade that they would have been having psychiatric treatment if Brands brought in the type of crocked, has-been, or unknowns that Howard Kendall excelled in bringing in. Can you imagine the number of mattresses that would need taking to the top today if we bought players with the injury records of Gray or Reidy? Just goes to prove that we all know nowt, despite our waffle and bluster.

I’d forgotten we’d spent so much (relatively speaking) on Bracewell! I keep saying to the impatient, ‘I want it now’ brigade that they would have been having psychiatric treatment if Brands brought in the type of crocked, has-been, or unknowns that Howard Kendall excelled in bringing in. Can you imagine the number of mattresses that would need taking to the top today if we bought players with the injury records of Gray or Reidy? Just goes to prove that we all know nowt, despite our waffle and bluster.
I don’t disagree but luck played a part with Reid and Gray as both simultaneously found their best form and steered clear of serious injury at a time if you’d forecasted it 6 months before you would have been sectioned!

When I think of the fees involved now back to the days when we were Kings in 1985,here goes!!!
Southall-£150k,Stevens-0,Van den Hauwe-£90k,Ratcliffe-0,Mountfield-£35k,Reid-£60k,Steven-£300k,Heath-£700k,Sharp-£120k,Bracewell-£250k,Sheedy-£100k,Gray-£200k,Harper-£35k,Richardson-0,totalling just over TWO MILLION quid to watch the finest team in blue it has been my privilege to follow, two million quid, aye,aye,aye(Dario puts slippers on and lights pipe lol)
And it cost about £2.50 to watch them.

When I think of the fees involved now back to the days when we were Kings in 1985,here goes!!!
Southall-£150k,Stevens-0,Van den Hauwe-£90k,Ratcliffe-0,Mountfield-£35k,Reid-£60k,Steven-£300k,Heath-£700k,Sharp-£120k,Bracewell-£250k,Sheedy-£100k,Gray-£200k,Harper-£35k,Richardson-0,totalling just over TWO MILLION quid to watch the finest team in blue it has been my privilege to follow, two million quid, aye,aye,aye(Dario puts slippers on and lights pipe lol)
A recent survey (yeah I know but) found that the top6 have 60% of the money @£2.7B and we're a distant 7th, a £190M behind Spurs.
The other 14 clubs including Us have £2.05B

In 2008-9 the gap between 6th and 7th was £1.8M.

When all the extra subs were allowed that done us.
Harper and Richo could play anywhere..

When all the extra subs were allowed that done us.
Harper and Richo could play anywhere..
This. Didn't Mooncat play every position other than GK for us?

Actually thinking about it, there was a huge amount of versatility in that team. VDH was equally comfortable at centre half, Sheeds and Trev were just as good in the middle of the park (wouldn't really call either of them wingers anyway) and Inchy could play midfield or attack.

A recent survey (yeah I know but) found that the top6 have 60% of the money @£2.7B and we're a distant 7th, a £190M behind Spurs.
The other 14 clubs including Us have £2.05B

In 2008-9 the gap between 6th and 7th was £1.8M.
It reflects society - apart from with people its the top 1% have 95% of the wealth.

Which is abhorrent.

Do you remember the on off transfer of Terry Curran as to whether we could afford the fee of around 50 grand.

Then again we thought the world was ending when we spent £350 k on Big Bob and £800k on Lineker didn't we?

Status
Not open for further replies.