One Ex-Everton Player from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilM

Player Valuation: £80m
If you could choose one ex-Everton player from the past, who you've seen in the flesh, to play in today's starting XI who would it be?

For me, it would be Neville Southall because he was simply the best in the world during his prime, and I never felt we could lose with him between the sticks.

I asked my old man the same question and without hesitation he said Alan Ball. So, who would you choose and why?

We all have our own special players, but for this game they have to be fighters as well as good footballers, mine without hesitation would be Bobby Collins, a brilliant footballer, a fighter who wouldn’t yield an inch and a man who made and demanded that those around him fought and played with the same intensity and tenacity as himself. A natural born winner.He would be first on my list today and every day Everton had a game.

If you could choose one ex-Everton player from the past, who you've seen in the flesh, to play in today's starting XI who would it be?

For me, it would be Neville Southall because he was simply the best in the world during his prime, and I never felt we could lose with him between the sticks.

I asked my old man the same question and without hesitation he said Alan Ball. So, who would you choose and why?

Ended your own thread with your first post. No other argument can be made. Our weakest position and one of the best ex-pkayers we've had.

We all have our own special players, but for this game they have to be fighters as well as good footballers, mine without hesitation would be Bobby Collins, a brilliant footballer, a fighter who wouldn’t yield an inch and a man who made and demanded that those around him fought and played with the same intensity and tenacity as himself. A natural born winner.He would be first on my list today and every day Everton had a game.
Another gem Catterick got rid of too soon

As good as DCL is in this team can you imagine a 2004 Wayne Rooney between Richarlison and Rodriguez? He’d electrify this team. For this one game though it would be great to have a prime Southall or Martyn instead of Pickford.

Well our weakest area is goalkeeper and we need the best person to fill the job. Welcome back Tim Howard. :p

...of course I'd have Southall. If he was in the team in his prime 100% we win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.