Olympiakos ticket stub

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
I’m posting this as I hate to see our fans getting ripped off. There is a ticket stub on eBay advertised as Olympiakos-Everton friendly (Latchford’s debut) going for £199.99. No game exists, and the spelling of Everton in Greek is not spelled right. Don’t be tricked into buying this fake.

I’m posting this as I hate to see our fans getting ripped off. There is a ticket stub on eBay advertised as Olympiakos-Everton friendly (Latchford’s debut) going for £199.99. No game exists, and the spelling of Everton in Greek is not spelled right. Don’t be tricked into buying this fake.

Just had a look at it, and EBEPTON's spelt exactly how I'd expect it to be in Greek Caps.

Also, the bloke who's selling it says

1974 OLYMPIAKOS v EVERTON (Friendly)

RARE Original Match Ticket

This friendly match was played 06/03/1974 - either 6th March 1974 or 3rd June 1974 i'm not 100% certain

After a quick google search this friendly was mentioned as Bob Latchford's debut for Everton on the ''grandoldteam'' Everton forum

and that ties up with a post made by Dario

06/03/1974,Bob Latchfords first appearance in Royal Blue I believe,Olympiakos v EFC,friendly 1-1,John Hurst for us,I think I can spot the ledge Sir Terry there:)

Did you try contacting the seller directly and raise it as a potential problem Steve ?
Just had a quick look at his autbiography, and it plainly wouldn't have been Latch's debut ( which he says was 16th Feb against West Ham ), but the ticket itself could well be legit, but the seller's got the details a bit wrong.

Thanks mate, good info for collectors out there.

There must be so many pitfalls to collecting.

Just had a look at it, and EBEPTON's spelt exactly how I'd expect it to be in Greek Caps.

Also, the bloke who's selling it says

and that ties up with a post made by Dario

Did you try contacting the seller directly and raise it as a potential problem Steve ?
Just had a quick look at his autbiography, and it plainly wouldn't have been Latch's debut ( which he says was 16th Feb against West Ham ), but the ticket itself could well be legit, but the seller's got the details a bit wrong.
Also a good point. Again, the dangers of serious collecting.

Last edited:
The photo that came with it, certainly looks like Everton

Attachments

• 20200525_210034.jpg
    20200525_210034.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 138

He signed in February '74 and his debut was against West Ham: we lost 4-3.

You spelt spelled
wrong
Firstly I think you mean “wrongly”. And actually, no he didn’t, depending on where you live. While I live in Liverpool, England, spelt could refer to how a word has been written in the past tense. Also, spelt is a flour. Spelled also refers to how a word is, well, spelled. However, in American English, the original post would be correct.

On the other hand, you could simply have saved time by not being extremely patronising to @alan ball and appreciated his clearly good natured attempt at helping fellow blues, which is in direct contrast to your attempted grammatical humiliation of a fellow blue.

Well done pal. Be proud.

He signed in February '74 and his debut was against West Ham: we lost 4-3.

Recently, I'm not even sure what day it is mate, I remember him signing, but no way could I have told anyone the details of his debut !

I'll be disappointed if you admit that you googled it.

Anyway, I think we can all agree the misunderstanding on the seller's part is down to @Dario Terracotta getting the facts a bit wrong a when he posted a few years ago. Obviously, given Terry played a fair bit in Latch's first season, this is a bit disappointing, but the post match beers in 73/74 probably blurred the memories slightly

@alan ball - do you want to contact the seller and let him know that game ( which presumably was actually in June ) wasn't Latch's debut ?

Last edited:
Recently, I'm not even sure what day it is mate, I remember him signing, but no way could I have told anyone the details of his debut !

I'll be disappointed if you admit that you googled it.

Anyway, I think we can all agree the misunderstanding on the seller's part is down to @Dario Terracotta getting the facts a bit wrong a when he posted a few years ago. Obviously, given Terry played a fair bit in Latch's first season, this is a bit disappointing, but the post match beers in 73/74 probably blurred the memories slightly

@alan ball - do you want to contact the seller and let him know that game ( which presumably was actually in June ) wasn't Latch's debut ?
Will do

Status
Not open for further replies.