Old Everton Pictures

Mike Pejic Everton 1977 -​

1656673233927.png

Wolves 1 Everton 2 in Oct 1975 at Molineux. Mick Buckley and Willie Carr battle for the ball -

View attachment 172024
My first visit to Molyneux that day. Totally unprepared for the rush of thirty or so proper Boot Boys towards half a dozen of us as we got through the turnstiles at the big open Kop end. Result more than made up for my torn cheese cloth shirt and a fat lip. And they stunk!

My first visit to Molyneux that day. Totally unprepared for the rush of thirty or so proper Boot Boys towards half a dozen of us as we got through the turnstiles at the big open Kop end. Result more than made up for my torn cheese cloth shirt and a fat lip. And they stunk!
In its day my favourite away ground .....that open kop was brilliant......

Yesterday was a long day. Up at 5.30 and not home till after ten pm but worth it. I was photographing projected images of very old microfiche so quality varied and Seasons 1952-53 and 1953-54 proved a disaster. The microfiche contained the Welsh edition of the Daily Post and, as we were at that time a Second Division team, we did not merit photographs. However promotion meant that I managed to get twenty or so new to me photos of goals from the 1954-55 Season, a few from 55-56 and then spent my time resolving some queries and trying to get some better quality photos from other seasons. I will be spending the weekend cropping them and then reading the match reports from Billy Smith's Independent Research site before posing some of the better ones. Meanwhile here are a small selection featuring my hero "King Fred".

P1010113 1964 Fred Pickering scores for Blackburn against Man.Utd. just before he signed for t...JPG
P1010091 1069a 06.03.65 Pickering v Blackburn (2).JPG
P1010094 1129 01.01.66 Pickering v Spurs (A)  Pat Jennings is beaten as Fred Pickering scores ...JPG

In its day my favourite away ground .....that open kop was brilliant......

My first visit to Molyneaux was the Cup tie when Bally scored a penalty. I was pinned against a crush barrier, praying we would not score or even get a corner in case the crowd surged again. I blacked out at one stage for a few seconds but managed to move to a new position at half time. I ended up with purple stripes on my wrists and chest and vowed never to return. I never kept that vow and went to numerous games there including the Championship Season 3-0 victory.

My first visit to Molyneaux was the Cup tie when Bally scored a penalty. I was pinned against a crush barrier, praying we would not score or even get a corner in case the crowd surged again. I blacked out at one stage for a few seconds but managed to move to a new position at half time. I ended up with purple stripes on my wrists and chest and vowed never to return. I never kept that vow and went to numerous games there including the Championship Season 3-0 victory.
We always did well there in general ....I was always told never stand behind a crash barrier - but in a swaying crowd it happened to me once in the Red Mop - in a polite saved me as I was 12 years old .....with a blue scarf bobble hat ......he passed member the barrier to safety - we won 2-0, my older brother found me & thanked him - it was scary