Old Everton Pictures

Bally -

e8f56e90c08039b538a63557631d9558.jpg

I posted that many years ago out of a rare book - but nice to see it again on here ;)
I have seen the same photo on e bay doing the rounds too lol
Alas, M'Lud, not guilty on this occasion, though perhaps I should have half-inched your version, as it was doubtless better than mine (note the damn crease).

In fact, I scanned it from our match programme v Spurs on 3 November 2013 (see pages 34-35) before binning it as part of my downsizing clear-out preparation for life in the Joe Biden Retirement Home for Gropers, Sniffers & 10% Kick-backers, a most desirable location for which much of my adult life appears to have been the perfect preparation.

There is another motive for the Everton memorabilia clear-out. My eldest daughter insists that any association with my beloved blues is liable to get me an appointment with the home's resident quack, a Dr Hugo Z Hackenbush, a notorious Kopite, who may be tempted to section me.

PS The programme in question mislabels the photo as from the 3-2 win over Spurs in March 1970. But as all good students of Bally's career can see instantly, courtesy of the Hummels, it's from the Spurs home game the following season.

Alaska for the, M'Lud, not guilty on this occasion, though perhaps I should have half-inched your version, as it was doubtless better than mine (note the damn crease).

In fact, I scanned it from our match programme v Spurs on 3 November 2013 (see pages 34-35) before binning it as part of my downsizing clear-out preparation for life in the Joe Biden Retirement Home for Gropers, Sniffers & 10% Kick-backers, a most desirable location for which much of my adult life appears to have been the perfect preparation.

There is another motive for the Everton memorabilia clear-out. My eldest daughter insists that any association with my beloved blues is liable to get me an appointment with the home's resident quack, a Dr Hugo Z Hackenbush, a notorious Kopite, who may be tempted to section me.

PS The programme in question mislabels the photo as from the 3-2 win over Spurs in March 1970. But as all good students of Bally's career can see instantly, courtesy of the Hummels, it's from the Spurs home game the following season.
I have posted many photos from rare books Major likewise some end up on eBay for a few £s not bothered in the least - Major - that photo is now worldwide on the net any rate - it's great that the GOT has its own collection on this super thread ;)

1638526948708.jpeg

The Everton board of directors in January 1960, shortly before John Moores joined. Some had connections to Moores - notably Colin Henry Littlewood Askham and E. Holland Hughes. Askham’s middle name was adopted by the Littlewoods pools company (he’d been a partner in it at first)